Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Step by step to replacing rear shocks

Je357 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Re: Step by step to replacing rear shocks

Have a tear in my driver side rear air shock. Should i change both or just the bad one? Really makes my truck handle shitty at high speed. Also truck still sits level and i hear no leaks. Weird. Truck also rides alot better with weight in the back. Any advice input. Thanx

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Je357
    Have a tear in my driver side rear air shock. Should i change both or just the bad one? Really makes my truck handle shitty at high speed. Also truck still sits level and i hear no leaks. Weird. Truck also rides alot better with weight in the back. Any advice input. Thanx
    Replace both I had one blow only to have the other blow six month later(don't ask)

boge is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 escalade

I have that same issue a tear on both rear shocks. The truck still sits high and I don't hear any leaks nor do I notice any less ride quality at high speed.maybe I have to pay closer attention.I thought those tears I saw were on some kind of protective cover but did not effect ride quality. I guess I need prepare to purchase a new pair of shocks and join the numerous other who had to deal with this issue

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by boge
    I have that same issue a tear on both rear shocks. The truck still sits high and I don't hear any leaks nor do I notice any less ride quality at high speed.maybe I have to pay closer attention.I thought those tears I saw were on some kind of protective cover but did not effect ride quality. I guess I need prepare to purchase a new pair of shocks and join the numerous other who had to deal with this issue
    Don't forget the compressor

Je357 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Yea i figured that. Ordered both already. Waiting for them to come. I let u know how it rides after i installem. Cant wait.

rpulawski is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Escalade

doing this tonight... THANK YOU op for the very descriptive (with photos!) write up!

Can I just replace with Monroe 90050 and not hook up air ride

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12