Suede Headliner
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Suede Headliner in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Does Anyone Know Where I Can Order A Suede Headliner?...
    BLUEXTON4S is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Suede Headliner

Does Anyone Know Where I Can Order A Suede Headliner?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

Re: Suede Headliner

i think i remember talking to someone on here about that and they gave a link for it. i'll see if i can find it, but you could try searching for it and you should find it.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Look in the phone book for interior shops, most good shops offer these services, just make sure you look at their work first.

Jungle George is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEXTON4S
    Does Anyone Know Where I Can Order A Suede Headliner?
    There is no such thing as a pre-made suede headliner, you need to find an upholstery shop and have them line your headliner, it's not easy and lots of work.

IMHO they are all played out, as are lamborghini doors and flames...

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle George
    There is no such thing as a pre-made suede headliner, you need to find an upholstery shop and have them line your headliner, it's not easy and lots of work.

IMHO they are all played out, as are lamborghini doors and flames...
    yeah, i agree. that's the hard part about this business, once a good idea comes up, it's not long before it's mass-produced. i was getting ready to do lambo doors and flames on an import about 3 or 4 years ago, but didn't have the money. by the time i had it saved up, everyone was getting that and there was even a lambo door kit. pissed me off because i had done a lot of research and found a good way to do it.

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Suede is not played out.....its great

dnyce617 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by BUILDINGCTSAMG
    agreed, suede on the headliner is still hot, however I would prefer to see something more exotic for seat inserts, etc. (ostrich, gator)

onbagz2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by dnyce617
    agreed, suede on the headliner is still hot, however I would prefer to see something more exotic for seat inserts, etc. (ostrich, gator)
    ya exactly i am gettin croc and suede installed in my 04 EXT as i type this i will post pics as soon as i get it. they are also installin a 12,500 watt stereo for me.

Jungle George is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by BUILDINGCTSAMG
    All the cars in car shows for the last four years have been doing suede, the top customizers are already saying that it's played out, as is the ostrich, aligator, rat, rabbit, cat, dog.... skin interiors..

Too bad that when something comes up there are a whole bunch of people that no matter how it looks they just throw money at it...

That's how new fads burn out...

We were doing suede inserts on our SEMA project and after spending time at the Truck Jamboree here in Irvine, CA last sunday, my son and I decided that we are not going to do suede for it... every single Escalade out there was full of all kinds of skin inserts, some of them from endangered species, and some of them with the Gucci and others fake material...

Believe me.... it's played out..

slimm44 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

it depends on your location. SoCal fads end way before fads up here. i'm still considering doing a suede headliner since you don't see it everyday around here.

Kappa-Lac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Smile Re: Suede Headliner

Some might say that the Escalade is played out! (but we all would dissagree with that)

BLUEXTON4S is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Hmmm In That Case Rims Must Be Played Out To. I Dont Agree That It Is Played Out. I Just Think It Looks Way Better Than The Stock Cloth. So What If Thousands Of People Have It. Thousands Or More Have An Escalade On Rims And About Every One On This Site Still Have Them And Love It.

Kappa-Lac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEXTON4S
    Hmmm In That Case Rims Must Be Played Out To. I Dont Agree That It Is Played Out. I Just Think It Looks Way Better Than The Stock Cloth. So What If Thousands Of People Have It. Thousands Or More Have An Escalade On Rims And About Every One On This Site Still Have Them And Love It.
    I agree totaly! If you want to get a suede heandliner I say do it. This is your ride do with it as you please. At the end of the day you have to be the one that is happy!

Good luck and post pictures when you are done!

dnyce617 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle George
    All the cars in car shows for the last four years have been doing suede, the top customizers are already saying that it's played out, as is the ostrich, aligator, rat, rabbit, cat, dog.... skin interiors..

Too bad that when something comes up there are a whole bunch of people that no matter how it looks they just throw money at it...

That's how new fads burn out...

We were doing suede inserts on our SEMA project and after spending time at the Truck Jamboree here in Irvine, CA last sunday, my son and I decided that we are not going to do suede for it... every single Escalade out there was full of all kinds of skin inserts, some of them from endangered species, and some of them with the Gucci and others fake material...

Believe me.... it's played out..
    I agree that the inserts are definalty on they're way out, but I think the headliner is something that's here to stay, as it's not really a 'trendy' thing. All that fake Gucci, LV, etc. was garbage before it even started and I think in the future you'll see cleaner interiors with body color matched or complimentary inserts in plain or perforated leather.

Quote Originally Posted by dnyce617
    I agree that the inserts are definalty on they're way out, but I think the headliner is something that's here to stay, as it's not really a 'trendy' thing. All that fake Gucci, LV, etc. was garbage before it even started and I think in the future you'll see cleaner interiors with body color matched or complimentary inserts in plain or perforated leather.
    i agree. i think the interiors will be cleaner and matching more.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.