Heated Seat Help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Heated Seat Help in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have a 2005 ESV. The driver heated seated starting shutting off after a few secs. I was really busy ...
    trapshooter40 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade

Heated Seat Help

I have a 2005 ESV. The driver heated seated starting shutting off after a few secs. I was really busy at work so i decided to take it to the dealer. When I dropped the truck off at the dealer the switch on the door would light up and the seat would start to get hot then turn off. This was usually less then a minute. After having the truck all day they told me that they didnt know what was wrong and wanted to keep it over night so I left it there. The next morning they called and said that it was either the heating element in the seat or the BCM and wanted over a grand to fix. I thought that was way too high and told them not to do anything. I picked the truck up in the afternoon and the door switch would no longer turn on. I called my service writer as I was driving down the road and asked them what happen. He told me that the BCM probably quick working after all of the "testing" they did. His answer did not sit well with me but at that point there wasnt much else I could do. I bought a OEM BCM and heater elements for less then $300 and installed them. The switch will still no light up and the seat does not get warm. I then bought a new door switch thinking that they must have blown that. Still no lights or heat. I took it back to the dealer today and they said that it is the switch that there is power to the switch. They wanted over $300 to fix, again i thought that one that was too much for a 10 min job, but i had already replaced the switch once and it didnt solve the problem. So my first question is there something that I am missing? Does anyone have electrical prints/drawings? Does the modul/switch that the heater seat control plugs into which is also the window/door lock cluster have anything to do with the control of the heater? Also, i should state that everything else on both switches works ie. door lock/unlock, windows, seat memory and so on.

On a side note the heater elements that i replaced in the seat were burnt soo bad that I am surprised that the seat didnt catch on fire. I had to also repalce the padding under the leather because it was burnt all the way to the leather... I not sure how to post pics but i am going to try. I was really shocked when I seen it.

Thanks in advance for any and all help provide.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Heated Seat Help

Here are the pics
    Attached Images

skills2005 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT

Help... I can't get my seat cover off.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by trapshooter40
    I have a 2005 ESV. The driver heated seated starting shutting off after a few secs. I was really busy at work so i decided to take it to the dealer. When I dropped the truck off at the dealer the switch on the door would light up and the seat would start to get hot then turn off. This was usually less then a minute. After having the truck all day they told me that they didnt know what was wrong and wanted to keep it over night so I left it there. The next morning they called and said that it was either the heating element in the seat or the BCM and wanted over a grand to fix. I thought that was way too high and told them not to do anything. I picked the truck up in the afternoon and the door switch would no longer turn on. I called my service writer as I was driving down the road and asked them what happen. He told me that the BCM probably quick working after all of the "testing" they did. His answer did not sit well with me but at that point there wasnt much else I could do. I bought a OEM BCM and heater elements for less then $300 and installed them. The switch will still no light up and the seat does not get warm. I then bought a new door switch thinking that they must have blown that. Still no lights or heat. I took it back to the dealer today and they said that it is the switch that there is power to the switch. They wanted over $300 to fix, again i thought that one that was too much for a 10 min job, but i had already replaced the switch once and it didnt solve the problem. So my first question is there something that I am missing? Does anyone have electrical prints/drawings? Does the modul/switch that the heater seat control plugs into which is also the window/door lock cluster have anything to do with the control of the heater? Also, i should state that everything else on both switches works ie. door lock/unlock, windows, seat memory and so on.

On a side note the heater elements that i replaced in the seat were burnt soo bad that I am surprised that the seat didnt catch on fire. I had to also repalce the padding under the leather because it was burnt all the way to the leather... I not sure how to post pics but i am going to try. I was really shocked when I seen it.

Thanks in advance for any and all help provide.
    There is a seat module under the front of both seats they work the seat heaters and on the drivers side it is tied into the memory seat the seat controls

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    There is a seat module under the front of both seats they work the seat heaters and on the drivers side it is tied into the memory seat the seat controls
    It actual turned out to be the control module that is built into the power window controller. Never would have guessed that. Replaced all of the other modules one at a time to figure it out. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trapshooter40

It actual turned out to be the control module that is built into the power window controller. Never would have guessed that. Replaced all of the other modules one at a time to figure it out. Thanks
    That is called the drivers door module(there is one in the passenger side front door also)
    But it was a smart move to replace them all at the same time

Vintage56 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade base 2wd

It's our 1st winter with our '06 and I'd like to repair the wife's heated seat. The pass side works fine but the driver does the few seconds then turn off routine. My thoughts are the element being worn and drawing too much and amping out. Am I on track or should I be thinking modules 1st or all of the above?

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage56
    It's our 1st winter with our '06 and I'd like to repair the wife's heated seat. The pass side works fine but the driver does the few seconds then turn off routine. My thoughts are the element being worn and drawing too much and amping out. Am I on track or should I be thinking modules 1st or all of the above?
    I would check the connections under the drivers seat and make sure they aren't getting pinched in the tracks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.