Trying to source OEM Rear Air Shocks - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Trying to source OEM Rear Air Shocks in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by BDuncan Caution - Arnott rear air shocks are NOT REBUILT - shocks can't be rebuilt - only ...
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by BDuncan
    Caution - Arnott rear air shocks are NOT REBUILT - shocks can't be rebuilt - only the air bag is rebuilt. The shock itself is just someone else's old worn out core - not rebuilt in any way. OEM electronic controlled mag fluid shocks are made by Monroe and are available from many sources. Amazon and Rock Auto have about the best prices I have seen at $225-235 each. Still not cheap but way better than a GM dealer's $600 each price.
    I agree this is true cause I have seen a thread on this very subject my advice is go on gmpartsdirect.com it is new shocks plus cheaper then the dealer.

cashmereDTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac DTS, 2004 Cadillac Escalade

Re: Trying to source OEM Rear Air Shocks

The monroes are plug and play and a fraction of the cost compared to the ac delco ones from the dealer. I have them in my escalade now and I'm very happy with them. I tow 5 to 6 thousand pounds with stabilizer/equalizer bars and my rear end is always level.

TLMC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade 1969 ss396 chevelle

Trulytex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1975 Eldo Convertible, 1987 Allante, 2004 Black Escalade

I purchased mine at NAPA for $309 each. Monroes. I was told that they are the same as the OEM - that the OEM shocks were built for GM by Monroe.

Quote Originally Posted by Trulytex
    I purchased mine at NAPA for $309 each. Monroes. I was told that they are the same as the OEM - that the OEM shocks were built for GM by Monroe.
    The oem shocks are made by Delphi,
    I know cause mine has the Delphi logo and there is no Monroe logo on the shocks at all unless your talking about the front shocks.

BDuncan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

The Delphi OEM shocks are made by Monroe - Monroe puts whatever logo and color on them for any OEM company. Delphi, Fomoco, Mopar and all other OEM factory parts are made by thousands of different manufacturers all over the world.

Trulytex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1975 Eldo Convertible, 1987 Allante, 2004 Black Escalade

That is exactly what I was told. That Monroe will build them for the OEM and then label & paint them however they are told. But they are exactly the same. 10 months now with my Monroes and no problem.....

Quote Originally Posted by Trulytex
    That is exactly what I was told. That Monroe will build them for the OEM and then label & paint them however they are told. But they are exactly the same. 10 months now with my Monroes and no problem.....
    I remember my uncle saying something about Monroe shocks doing the oem ones for the front but never for the rear shocks I guess he was meaning front and rear shocks as he did say the Monroe makes all oem shocks for gm.
    Altough I guess Delphi was the supplier for gm since I know my rear shocks has a Delphi logo on both of them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.