DIY: How to add the platinum heated/cooled cupholders to your 03-06 Escalades and EXT - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, DIY: How to add the platinum heated/cooled cupholders to your 03-06 Escalades and EXT in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Send it to me for a safety inspection...If I find anything suspect, I may have to keep for an extended ...
    coralreef35mm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: DIY: How to add the platinum heated/cooled cupholders to your 03-06 Escalades and

Send it to me for a safety inspection...If I find anything suspect, I may have to keep for an extended time as electrical problems can be hard to replicate..Figure 24-72 months

djc122984 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: DIY: How to add the platinum heated/cooled cupholders to your 03-06 Escalades and

anyone see why I couldn't do this mod on my 05 gmc sierra denali? Is it really worth the time and effort?

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

take a pic of your stock console and I should be able to tell you. It def keeps drinks cold.... i dont know if it warms my coffee up hot enough, but does keep it warm.

TheCaddyKidd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT

Been trying to search for this but no luck.. Trying to get the part number.. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaddyKidd View Post
    Been trying to search for this but no luck.. Trying to get the part number.. Thanks
    Part # 15254148.

ruffyrder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade

Got mine installed last night. Found the Platinum cup holders on ebay last week for $76 shipped.

A big thanks to nathanjax for the help with wiring. I ended up building a fused (12v & switched) power cable with Deutsch connectors to allow me to disconnect it, should I ever need to remove the assembly. Sorry no pictures, but would be happy to explain in more detail if needed.

The wood grain switch was pretty straight forward and took about an hour. My biggest issue was the piece of crap $1 grill lighter from Wal-Mart would not work very well. I also removed the chrome buttons from the Platinum assembly and swapped them over to my woodgrain.

I was pretty amazed at how hot and how cold they elements get! It was surprising! No test yet, I haven't driven it or left a can of pop in there to keep cool, but judging from how it felt to the touch, it shouldn't have any problem keeping a beverage cold!

CEPMAN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Got 'R Done!

tomikem is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade platinum

One of my cupholders don't heat up, cools OK, just no heat.

Any ideas?

Damn these cup holders seem to all be missing the expanding finger things. Mine came with one, the other was made from bent metal. I wonder if they're for sale anywhere....

CEPMAN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Hey Lux, did you make your 'bent metal' finger or was it already with the cupholders when you got them? If you made it, what did you use?

manddarran is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade ESV

What did you all use as a search pattern for these? I can't locate any even under completed auctions.

ruffyrder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade

Believe I used "escalade cupholder" as my search on ebay. They don't pop up very often...

escaladegrll is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade

There is one on ebay right now for $200.

sillyboi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

nice job, I'll keep my eyes open for a set on ebay. should be sticky!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.