99-00 Escalade oppinions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 99-00 Escalade oppinions in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey, all though i live the new escalades, does anyone like the older style ones like the 99s or 2000s? ...
    Hetrain is offline Cadillac Owners Member

99-00 Escalade oppinions

Hey, all though i live the new escalades, does anyone like the older style ones like the 99s or 2000s? I guess one thing that i like about them is the Black on gold?? Anything like this for the new escalade

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

99 SKALAID is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 99-00 Escalade oppinions

Quote Originally Posted by Hetrain
    Hey, all though i live the new escalades, does anyone like the older style ones like the 99s or 2000s? I guess one thing that i like about them is the Black on gold?? Anything like this for the new escalade
    I like the older body style alot more than the newer one personally. :coolgleam

Xrayqueen is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Cool Re: 99-00 Escalade oppinions

I have a Landcruiser and had never saw myself in a caddy. My neighbor brought home a blue 2000 with chromy rims and needless to say I fell in love. I now have a black 2000. I think the 99/2000 look more imposing. I just wish they would had given the 2000 more HP. The only difference I see between the new ones and the older models is HP and the grill. I personally don't like the grill on the newer models. I don't see to many 99/2000 around which is a good thing I wonder if they will become collector trucks. Thats why I'm thinking of keepin mine somewhat stock. Just my opinion
    Peace

slimm44 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

i love my 99 especially because of the 4WD, but i see OBS lades and denalis around here just about everyday, sometimes more than once a day.

Marc Kessler is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xrayqueen
    I have a Landcruiser and had never saw myself in a caddy. My neighbor brought home a blue 2000 with chromy rims and needless to say I fell in love. I now have a black 2000. I think the 99/2000 look more imposing. I just wish they would had given the 2000 more HP. The only difference I see between the new ones and the older models is HP and the grill. I personally don't like the grill on the newer models. I don't see to many 99/2000 around which is a good thing I wonder if they will become collector trucks. Thats why I'm thinking of keepin mine somewhat stock. Just my opinion
    Peace
    The older Escalades are completely different than the new ones. They have gobs of front legroom and the seat belts are not attached to the seats. I find them way more comfortable.

Question Re: 99-00 Escalade oppinions

Don't mean to sound dumb but what does OBS mean ??? Danali's are Danali's Caddy's are Caddy's
    Peace

slimm44 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Don't mean to sound dumb but what does OBS mean ??? Danali's are Danali's Caddy's are Caddy's
    Peace
    OBS= Old Body Style, meant for 88-98 GM pickups and 92ish-99 SUV's and 99-00 Escalade/Denali

NBS= New Body Style, meant for 99+ GM pickups and 00+ SUV's

OBS Escalades and Denalis are almost exactly the same thing, minus interior, grille, and emblems.

skides1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

99-00 Owners Rule!!!! Hey Xrayqueen are you an Xray tech????!!! I am the Xray king!!! I'm trippin' if you are. "Chunky" is the operative word for OBS Lades. You must have a dangerous combo: "Brains and Good Taste". Holla!

"Xraytd Chunky"http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2385
    my992.jpg

Talking Re: 99-00 Escalade oppinions

Hi Skides, Yes I'm the original Xrayqueen outta UCLA medical center My plate on my little Mazda Mx3 is Xrayqn1. I always wondered who the Xray King was I also have a Landcruiser I never thought I'd be a Caddy owner. I love it. I also love this forum. Nice to meet you Where are you located ???
    Peace

Nice Caddy Skides How long have you had it. Looks like you're in San Francisco ??? I have pictures of mine under the " New Guy on the Block " thread. Take a look
    Peace

Sycosis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Peace
    That's why I daily drive my 1993 GMC Typhoon. I can drive for months and NEVER see another one on the road.

You should post a picture. I don't think I ever saw one
    Peace

Wassup Xrayqueen? I have been real busy doing contract radiation in the Seattle area. I AM the Xray King
    About the Caddy: Ive had it for 3 years and it's been from coast to coast 3 times. She is getting tired and sucking up my fundage at an alarming rate!! but I will hang on as long as I can. XrayQ-hit me on the e-mail or PM if you can Late

Hi Skides !!! Glad to hear you're exposing everyone You should come to Cali we're in serious need for tech's at UCLA. We accept travelers. Sounds like you're registry. Sorry to hear your Lade sucking up your fundage at an alarming rate. Why ???? How many miles does it have on it ??? To bad you don't live closer we could meet up. Did you check out my pictures on "The new guy post" Well hope to hear from you soon.
    Peace

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.