99-00 Escalade oppinions - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 99-00 Escalade oppinions in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey Xrayqueen! My Lade has 103K on it. I bought it about 3 years ago with 36K. She qualified as ...
    skides1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: 99-00 Escalade oppinions

Hey Xrayqueen! My Lade has 103K on it. I bought it about 3 years ago with 36K. She qualified as a business expense which my employer paid for so I traveled all over the country. Since the 100k warranty ran out I have reworked the engine and rear diff plus much more. Just a word of caution: watch the seals on EVERYTHING! I had a 31 point inspection done at Precision Tune and they didn't check the rear diff fluid :madtalkin As a result -3grand- to replace the entire assembly. The Owner's manual says not to change until 100k. Now the transfer case has a bearing going out Moral of the story: Change your rear diff -transfer case -transmission-front diff- and coolant now!
    I did see your Caddy and it looks GREAT!! I also read about the swirl marks on the black finish-black always does that- I used to work at a detail shop while I was in school and I think you need to find a shop specializing in dark colors. Only a seasoned detail man can do it justice. I remember a 3M sealer that helped alot but didn't last long.
    On the Cali X-ray, I have more work up here than I can possibly do and I hate messing with the Cali Red tape on the Flouro. I heard they were in the process of changing that and if they do count me in. What is your official position there? I hate posting all this stuff-it would be better to e-mail you. Do you have your private message stuff enabled? LATER

slimm44 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by skides1
    I had a 31 point inspection done at Precision Tune and they didn't check the rear diff fluid :madtalkin As a result -3grand- to replace the entire assembly.
    $3000!?! just to get another 10 bolt!?! ouch! you could've had a much stronger 14 bolt rear for $1000-2000 which includes disc brakes! :disappoin

skides1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

3K was for all new components and I know I got ripped. I am too busy to research and the only used diff I could find with a 3.73 and Auburn posi had 80K miles plus for 1200 plus 600 install including all new seals etc. I got a NEW housing-Richmond gearset-NEW Posi unit and a 100K warranty. The shop that did the work was afraid of upgrading to disc brakes and I was dead in the water for five days costing 75 a day in cabs. Add it up-1200 for a GM housing, 300 gears, 300+Auburn, 200 bearing set, Red line synthetic 50, +100 tow+labor+piece of mind=priceless!

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.