99-00 Escalade oppinions - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 99-00 Escalade oppinions in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey Xrayqueen! My Lade has 103K on it. I bought it about 3 years ago with 36K. She qualified as ...
    skides1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: 99-00 Escalade oppinions

Hey Xrayqueen! My Lade has 103K on it. I bought it about 3 years ago with 36K. She qualified as a business expense which my employer paid for so I traveled all over the country. Since the 100k warranty ran out I have reworked the engine and rear diff plus much more. Just a word of caution: watch the seals on EVERYTHING! I had a 31 point inspection done at Precision Tune and they didn't check the rear diff fluid :madtalkin As a result -3grand- to replace the entire assembly. The Owner's manual says not to change until 100k. Now the transfer case has a bearing going out Moral of the story: Change your rear diff -transfer case -transmission-front diff- and coolant now!
    I did see your Caddy and it looks GREAT!! I also read about the swirl marks on the black finish-black always does that- I used to work at a detail shop while I was in school and I think you need to find a shop specializing in dark colors. Only a seasoned detail man can do it justice. I remember a 3M sealer that helped alot but didn't last long.
    On the Cali X-ray, I have more work up here than I can possibly do and I hate messing with the Cali Red tape on the Flouro. I heard they were in the process of changing that and if they do count me in. What is your official position there? I hate posting all this stuff-it would be better to e-mail you. Do you have your private message stuff enabled? LATER

slimm44 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by skides1
    I had a 31 point inspection done at Precision Tune and they didn't check the rear diff fluid :madtalkin As a result -3grand- to replace the entire assembly.
    $3000!?! just to get another 10 bolt!?! ouch! you could've had a much stronger 14 bolt rear for $1000-2000 which includes disc brakes! :disappoin

skides1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

3K was for all new components and I know I got ripped. I am too busy to research and the only used diff I could find with a 3.73 and Auburn posi had 80K miles plus for 1200 plus 600 install including all new seals etc. I got a NEW housing-Richmond gearset-NEW Posi unit and a 100K warranty. The shop that did the work was afraid of upgrading to disc brakes and I was dead in the water for five days costing 75 a day in cabs. Add it up-1200 for a GM housing, 300 gears, 300+Auburn, 200 bearing set, Red line synthetic 50, +100 tow+labor+piece of mind=priceless!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.