Considering Avalanche, why EXT?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Considering Avalanche, why EXT? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Real close to deciding on an Avalanche, someone please help me justify $15K more for the EXT... Thanks: JC...
    John Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Considering Avalanche, why EXT?

Real close to deciding on an Avalanche, someone please help me justify $15K more for the EXT...

JC

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ralph is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Considering Avalanche, why EXT?

My new neighbour has an EXT in white diamond and I have to say it looks a world better than an Avalanche! I don't like all that ugly plastic cladding on the Chev, and with Cadillac you get prestige, tradition, heritage and image as king of the road which is something no Lexus can touch IMO.

A Cadillac is the ultimate "I've made it to the top" vehicle and makes no apologies about it.

T-Dizzy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade EXT 'V', 2006 CTS Sport

I seriously recommend driving the EXT at length with the dealer first. I own a 2003 EXT, and you get far more truck for your money, and not at $15,000 more.

Tap out the Avalanche an you come to about $42,000 new. You're missing swaths of leather, stability control, load-leveling, and about 50 ponies, just to name a few.

Your intended use should play a factor, too. I bought mine because I needed a vehicle I could cart 3 or 4 executives to luncheon meetings in but still be able to make a lumber run if necessary. If you're going to be doing more hauling 'stuff' than people, you might not want to dirty up the EXT as much.

Jungle George is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by John Caddy
    Real close to deciding on an Avalanche, someone please help me justify $15K more for the EXT...

JC
    It costs just that much to paint all the stupid cladding.

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

Do a search on Avalanche in this thread. I seem to remember somebody on here bashing the Avalanche after they compared it to the EXT.

What I remember distinctly was mention of the EXT's superior suspension and the cheap feel of the Avalanche's interior.

I don't mind the plasticky look of the Avalanche, particularly if it's going to be used as a work truck. I'd hate to scratch up the paint on a $50,000 truck.

PistolPreeth is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

cuz its an avalanche. a big unnecessary thing. the ext is alot nicer looking---u pay for what u get...and what u get is cadillac luxury and prestige

Hetrain is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am just like you, in that I had the same situation. I came to this tread looking for the difference between the EXT, Avalanche, Escalde SUV and a Tahoe. If you go and look at an escalade, you will see that everything is worth it. You get more features then a chevrolet, and you will have stability that a cadillac has. When you drive down the road in a ext people WILL look at you and your car. The ext is great, and for a little extra money over the avalanche it is worth it! Why settle for something far from the best when you can get the best! One thing, if you are planning on going hard off roading i would get the avalanch; even though the ext could do it; but if you are looking for an overall great vehicle; something luxury and agile get the ext. If your loooking for luxury; your not gonna find it in the avalanche. If you just want to be another driver on the road- get an avalanche. Good luck!

JDelorean_srx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 srx

It all comes down to the differences GM has always had between Chevy & Cadillac:
    1. Chevy - working class, affordable, utility. (Except for the corvette..)
    2. Cadillac - luxury. And the ext has turned the corner from being too 'blue-haired', looking through the steering wheel old...

Note: The avalanche has done away with the cladding on the 2005 models, I thought maybe the 2004 also. (One of Lutz' pet peeves..)

If you're woried about the $15k, maybe the avalanche is more for you

John Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for all the replies!

I am looking at the Avalanche with no cladding, I hate the acres of plastic too. I was going to take advantage of the current $5K rebate which is why I was rushing, but now I may just wait a while and check out the '05 EXT to see if there are any changes.

The additional warranty, the stabilitrack and active suspension, the body color "roll bar" and the quality of th interior are all huge pluses for me toward the EXT. However the though of having 2 Caddies and no pick-em-up truck that I can beat the 'spit' out of may tilt me toward Chevy in the end, plus I think if I go with the Avalanche, I really like the idea of getting the bench seat believe it or not.

JC

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

i test drove the aval. and then the EXT. no question the EXT is head and shoulders above the aval. i didn't even hesitate. it's more than worth the extra money. it has more power and a better ride. driving the aval. felt like driving a bigger version of my old blazer or my friend's s10. the EXT feels like i'm driving luxury. but at the same time, i've filled the truck bed up with a bunch of stuff with no problem.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.