Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: latest pics of our SEMA 2004 Project vehicle

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    136

    latest pics of our SEMA 2004 Project vehicle

    Now lowered with a McGhaugys spindle kit, TIS by DUB magazine 22's with TOYO tires.





    No rubbing and perfect fit, we had to have it aligned because the Camber was WAY OFF after the installation.

    Ernie
    lovecars.com

    Last edited by Jungle George; 08-06-04 at 08:14 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    545

    Re: latest pics of our SEMA 2004 Project vehicle

    You cant lose with 22's. Nice ride.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta Canada
    Age
    40
    Posts
    102

    Re: latest pics of our SEMA 2004 Project vehicle

    How much lower would that kit drop an AWD?

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    136

    Re: latest pics of our SEMA 2004 Project vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by Clem
    How much lower would that kit drop an AWD?
    the kit is the same one for an AWD 2 in front and 3 in back.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    136

    Re: latest pics of our SEMA 2004 Project vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by 99escalademan
    You cant lose with 22's. Nice ride.
    Thanks.... I think it'll be on 24's as soon as the guys at DUB see it....

  7. #6
    CAD-E! is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Escalade (sold) 2011 radiant silver CTS-V
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    SAN FRANCISCO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    428

    Re: latest pics of our SEMA 2004 Project vehicle


  8. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    136

    Re: latest pics of our SEMA 2004 Project vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by CAD-E!
    I guess that's why the are going to like it, they already sponsor us..

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    6

    Re: latest pics of our SEMA 2004 Project vehicle

    Looking good George. How is the ride? I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I have this nasty vibration problem w/ my '03 Slade - more when
    the a/c is on, but always when at idle. Vibration felt on steering wheel / dash - towards engine. I really wanna keep this ride, but I want to know how to fix this problem. That is why I am considering upgrading my suspension. Just curious as to how the ride is compared to stock.

  10. #9
    hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    H.V., Pa/Town of Webb, NY
    Posts
    13,299

    Re: latest pics of our SEMA 2004 Project vehicle

    Your truck looks great, that's because you have good taste. I look forward to meeting you at SEMA this year

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    136

    Re: latest pics of our SEMA 2004 Project vehicle

    Thanks Carl, looking forward to seeing you there also, my cell number will be on the card on the dash... I stay at the LV Hilton Grand Vacation Club next to the Hilton.

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    136

    Re: latest pics of our SEMA 2004 Project vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by az4ge
    Looking good George. How is the ride? I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I have this nasty vibration problem w/ my '03 Slade - more when
    the a/c is on, but always when at idle. Vibration felt on steering wheel / dash - towards engine. I really wanna keep this ride, but I want to know how to fix this problem. That is why I am considering upgrading my suspension. Just curious as to how the ride is compared to stock.
    az4ge.... First fix the vibrations, etc before you mess with anything else. You didn't tell me what size tires and wheels you run, but if they are anything bigger than 22's then you will have vibration problems wether you like it or not, this is because of the tremendous weigth cast wheels and big tires impart onto the chassis.

    You might try running lower tire pressure first to see if you can fix the problem, then if you still have problems and you can't live with them, then you can...

    a. replace the tires and wheels and go back to stock or smaller...

    or

    b. replace the shocks with better ones and give up the air ride in the back to see if this will make it bearable.

    A lowering kit will make it ride a little worse...

    It's like when your chick wears high stiletto heels, they kill her but they look HHHOOOOTTTT

    Later.....

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    6

    Re: latest pics of our SEMA 2004 Project vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle George
    az4ge.... First fix the vibrations, etc before you mess with anything else. You didn't tell me what size tires and wheels you run, but if they are anything bigger than 22's then you will have vibration problems wether you like it or not, this is because of the tremendous weigth cast wheels and big tires impart onto the chassis.

    You might try running lower tire pressure first to see if you can fix the problem, then if you still have problems and you can't live with them, then you can...

    a. replace the tires and wheels and go back to stock or smaller... or

    b. replace the shocks with better ones and give up the air ride in the back to see if this will make it bearable.

    A lowering kit will make it ride a little worse...

    It's like when your chick wears high stiletto heels, they kill her but they look HHHOOOOTTTT

    Later.....
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am still on stocks - everything stock - '03.

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    136

    Re: latest pics of our SEMA 2004 Project vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by az4ge
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am still on stocks - everything stock - '03.
    Go to a good shop, have your tires balanced, aligned and then run the car, once it's to your satisfaction then start changing things...

    Nothing aftermarket is going to make it ride better than stock...

  15. #14
    T_Dogg8's Avatar
    T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,860

    Re: latest pics of our SEMA 2004 Project vehicle

    i get slight vibration in my 02 EXT, but i'm never sure if it's the truck or the road. i don't know if i should get it checked or not. is there any way to tell if i have a problem for sure?

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    136

    Re: latest pics of our SEMA 2004 Project vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by T_Dogg8
    i get slight vibration in my 02 EXT, but i'm never sure if it's the truck or the road. i don't know if i should get it checked or not. is there any way to tell if i have a problem for sure?
    Very simple, if the vibration still exists in different road surfaces then it's the truck.

    Drive on a freeway, then drive on a bridge, then a boulevard, try to duplicate your speed on all of them.

    If you have 22's or bigger, you'll get a stutter when you hit a sharp bump, that's the shocks not being able to handle the load and passing it on to the rest of the suspension.

    Let us know how it's going

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum