2004 escalade door wood trim
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2004 escalade door wood trim in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Someone closed the front passenger door the other day and the interior "wood trim" fell off. Looks like it snaps ...
    conardh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 escalade

2004 escalade door wood trim

Someone closed the front passenger door the other day and the interior "wood trim" fell off. Looks like it snaps in with 6 clips. Anyone know when to find a replacement or the GM part number?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

Re: 2004 escalade door wood trim

I remember seeing a thread that said you have to buy the entire door panel.... GM doesn't sell the wood piece from what I remember

I saw that thread as well, but since that plastic wood trim snaps in instead of being glued, I couldn't help but think that it is replaceable. Perhaps thats my common sense kicking in.

It would make sense yes... but the dealers are all out to make money. Now instead of offering a wood trim, you have to buy a new door panel at $250. If they sold trim pieces for $50, 5 people would have to buy it for the money they could make off 1 person buying a door panel. Ridiculous? yes

your best bet is to call the dealer Monday.... see what they say.

found the dealer open today, however the parts department says that the plastic wood trim does not have a part # you have to order the entire door panel.....Well I havn't given up, if GM made the part or sub'ed it there is a GM part number somewhere.....We will see......

That's not totally true. Just because they made the "part" doesn't mean there is a part number. The part number for that piece is just going to be the entire door panel. The wood trim is included in the panel. For example there is no part # for the screen for the navigation unit. You must buy the entire navigation unit. Sure GM "made" the screen but doesn't mean they sell it by itself. Your best bet is a junk yard, but even they are going to be reluctant to part out a door panel.

shore is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

do you still have the trim piece?

Quote Originally Posted by luxurylife33 View Post
    That's not totally true. Just because they made the "part" doesn't mean there is a part number. The part number for that piece is just going to be the entire door panel. The wood trim is included in the panel. For example there is no part # for the screen for the navigation unit. You must buy the entire navigation unit. Sure GM "made" the screen but doesn't mean they sell it by itself. Your best bet is a junk yard, but even they are going to be reluctant to part out a door panel.
    Got to thinking about what you said about Part #. Pulled the door panel using some great info on the forum. Found the plastic studs with nuts attached inside door skin. Use some 5 minute exopy to adhere the broken studs back to the plastic wood trim. Watched a football game, came back and everything was solid. Reinstalled Plastic wood trim and door panel. Everything seems fine right now.

Damn I thought you were missing the piece, like it fell off and you drove away. Any quick set epoxy would work wonders.

westons is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Not much with GM makes sense so im not suprised they now make you buy the whole door panel.

Quote Originally Posted by westons View Post
    Not much with GM makes sense so im not suprised they now make you buy the whole door panel.
    Well it is not a Yugo....My bitch is if you can see it... than there should be a Part # for it....Cadillac says they depend on the dealer for Tech issues....HELLO!!......thats not the wimpy answer I'm looking for....I expect someone to say "oh here is the number your looking for".....But that would be SERVICE....

TexasAg98 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade

Wouldn't you know it, mine fell off the other day also!

How in the world? Disappointed. The epoxy option sound good, but has anyone found the part any where else? All the "stubs" are in the door and I would have to take it apart to get them out to glue them on the wood trim.

Oh well, getting rid of the truck soon.

mosimann is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT

I also had a couple felling off and glued them. It's really easy to take the doors panels out, probably a 30 seconds job.

slimshaney is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    Here was my fix...I didn't think the plastic tabs had enough surface area to epoxy so I dremel'ed the tabs off to get a clean flat surface and epoxied flat head machined screws to the trim and had tightened the nut to hold in place. Home Depot sold these screws and nuts 5 to a set...perfect match!
    Attached Images

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by slimshaney
    Here was my fix...I didn't think the plastic tabs had enough surface area to epoxy so I dremel'ed the tabs off to get a clean flat surface and epoxied flat head machined screws to the trim and had tightened the nut to hold in place. Home Depot sold these screws and nuts 5 to a set...perfect match!
    Good work and the plus side is you can do panel work without risk of damaging the wood trim

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.