Issues with 02' Drivers side mirror - help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Issues with 02' Drivers side mirror - help in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello, Help - Here is the issue on my 02' lade - It appears that my Driver side mirror broke ...
    6.0 Litre is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Issues with 02' Drivers side mirror - help

Hello,

Help - Here is the issue on my 02' lade - It appears that my Driver side mirror broke (not the glass or the housing) but some type of liquid dripped from behind the glass and now driving at night looking into the mirror is like it is displaying Double Vision of everything. Anyone have info on the correct replacement glass? Any help is appreciated - and if anyone has one for sale or knows the best deal on a replacement - please let me know. Many thanks in advance.

-Ed

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sk7
    sk7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade AWD

Re: Issues with 02' Drivers side mirror - help

Sounds like the defrost circuit melted sumthin behind there? Got the same issue on mine, the glass has been replaced with a standard custom cut mirror, and it was poorly done. I also got my left-right electric motor not working, so I'm looking for a complete mirror assembly. I've seen just the glass (with the defrost wiring) on ebay. There's a bunch advertised, not all have it, and also note the 03 and up have a signal arrow built into the glass.

comonroots is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02' EXT

Yah but will the 03 fit the same as an 02?

gmercedesbenz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

The liquid you saw come out is part of the Electrochromatic dimming feature on that mirror. At night, the sensor on the rearview mirror tells the driver side and rearview mirror to dim. The mirror uses the liquid to darken the mirror glass, reducing glare from headlights. If you disable the dimming feature on the rearview mirror, it also disables the dimming on the side mirror. This might stop your ghosting image in the mirror at night.

As far as replacing the glass, too echo what Sk7 said, the 2003+ have turn signal indicators built right into the glass, so the connectors might be different. On the 02's there is two connectors, one for the heated mirror, the other for the Electrochromatic dimming.

When the stupid car-wash cracked mine, I bought the replacement glass off of GMPartsDirect.com If I remember right, it was at least $200. The right side mirror is more like $80, because that side doesn't have the dimming feature.

tjschnei is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I had the same issue where a car wash broke mine. I replaced the whole mirror/glass/assembly minus the power folding feature for under $70 shipped. My question is though that now for some reason the mirror part, not the housing, but the mirror glass seems to almost be loose that it vibrates going down the road. Passenger side does not do it at all, has anyone run into this and is there a fix because nothing is wrong, it just seems almost like it needs to snap back fully onto the connection within the housing but I do not want to go pushing on it and possibly break the glass. Anyone know about this or run into it?

I've been wanting to do this for a while now. I recently got my truck back from the alarm shop and now my pass mirror won't fold. In the process of troubleshooting I cracked the glass, so now ill be replacing sooner then later. Still trying to figure out why the mirror won't fold though. Everything else works fine.

tj, what did you do with the old mirror?

tjschnei is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I still have it somewhere I'm sure, but I pulled the white painted cover off to put onto the new one instead of paying for paint, and the glass on it is still broken obviously. PM me, or email at tjschnei@purdue.edu and I will look for it tonight at my house if you are in need of one.

Thanks but no worries. I ended Uo ordering one off eBay at a decent price. Along with the 03' upgrade kit. Everything has already shipped so thanks anyways.

I really just wanted the circuit board that attaches to the motor which controls the folding.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.