Looking for the best pop out in-dash TV for 2002 Escalade - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Looking for the best pop out in-dash TV for 2002 Escalade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by brett79 Are you serious??? I think the indash 6cd changer was/is a pain. It was the first ...
    T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

Re: Looking for the best pop out in-dash TV for 2002 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by brett79
    Are you serious??? I think the indash 6cd changer was/is a pain. It was the first thing to go......well, as I put in the Tv's and system. I have way more then 6 cd's and it takes so long to eject a cd and change it, I got lazy and just left the same 6 in there....I am not a fan of cd changers at all.
    i'm not a fan of other cd changers because it's nearly impossible to change cds on a trip. this one did suck to load cds at first, but once i got use to it, i can change cds in it as fast as i can an in-dash cd player. i don't constantly change all the cds, but i usually change one or two a week. and for as much as i drive, changing one or two plus the other four or five are good for me. i like being able to change to a completely different type of music by just pressing a button, and i wouldn't give it up for anything.

mskittrell05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Has anyone relocated their factory head unit to a different spot...If so where at...and how did it all workout?

Clem is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by T_Dogg8
    i'm not a fan of other cd changers because it's nearly impossible to change cds on a trip. this one did suck to load cds at first, but once i got use to it, i can change cds in it as fast as i can an in-dash cd player. i don't constantly change all the cds, but i usually change one or two a week. and for as much as i drive, changing one or two plus the other four or five are good for me. i like being able to change to a completely different type of music by just pressing a button, and i wouldn't give it up for anything.
    why not integrate an iPod?

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

because i don't have an ipod and really don't want one. on really long trips i take my laptop and hook up to my stereo. i'm thinking about making a computer for my truck or buying an in-dash computer.

Dasco49 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Ok, how do you integrate an IPOD to the factory bose system on 2002 escalade?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasco49
    Ok, how do you integrate an IPOD to the factory bose system on 2002 escalade?

http://www.pac-audio.com/auxbox/auxb...Vehicles&ID=12

99escalademan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Thats an easy one. Buy the accessory called i trip for the ipod. that goes in the top of the ipod , then you just tune the factory radio to 88.9 i think it is, and put the ipod in the glove box

99escalademan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

dgp
    dgp is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I second the vote for the Alpine IVAD 900. I have a six disk in the center console mounted vertically. I use the slot for dvd's only. I used the bose and onstar adapters.

uh2
    uh2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am casting another vote for the Alpine multimedia system.

My Alpine 6-disc changer is mounted where the stock changer used to be (2000 Escalade). Yes, it DOES play MP3-s. Like a previous poster, I only use the disc slot in the head unit to play DVD's. Or, I'll pop in a CD every blue moon if I want to do a quick listen and I don't feel like taking a disc out of the changer.

The previous poster that said the monitor was the best on the market.....is 100% correct. From all angles. I have Visualogic screens in all my headrests, and the Alpine blows em away. And yes, I did check out Pioneer and some of the others out there.

I also have the Alpine GPS, TV Tuner, XM receiver and Xbox. I couldn't be happier.

uh2

Here is a little tibit of info from someone I talked to that reps Alpine

Hasn't been confirmed or denied yet but Alpine is working on iPod integration with their headunits. Specifically the IVA-D900 and future units.

uh2
    uh2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clem
    Here is a little tibit of info from someone I talked to that reps Alpine

Hasn't been confirmed or denied yet but Alpine is working on iPod integration with their headunits. Specifically the IVA-D900 and future units.

I just left the local Alpine dealer..and the iPod unit is in their latest brochure. It doesn't give a release date..just says coming soon I believe.

FYI, I just tried out the new 300 push screen with the force feedback. NIIIIIIICCEEEEEEEEEE. And the menu system is MUCH MUCH MUCH faster than the 900. I really like the 300, and almost thought about selling my 900...but the 300 doesn't do the "multiple zones" that my 900 does..and I need that feature.

Quote Originally Posted by uh2
    I just left the local Alpine dealer..and the iPod unit is in their latest brochure. It doesn't give a release date..just says coming soon I believe.

FYI, I just tried out the new 300 push screen with the force feedback. NIIIIIIICCEEEEEEEEEE. And the menu system is MUCH MUCH MUCH faster than the 900. I really like the 300, and almost thought about selling my 900...but the 300 doesn't do the "multiple zones" that my 900 does..and I need that feature.

Interesting in concept but I'm not a big fan of touch screen units based on the fact that I HATE fingerprints.

Menus are faster I agree but I find the LCD better on the D9000.

Lade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thanks for the help everyone,
    I personally just want to tear out the head unit and put the TV in without losing the Bose quality and steering controls; Onstar isn't as important to me, but is nice to have. Will those adapters work with any TV brand or do I have to get a name brand such as Alpine? I saw on the adaptor site that they may be for the 03 and up systems only. Will my stock speakers sound the same with a new head unit, and will I really loose the 6 disk changer?

Quote Originally Posted by Lade
    Thanks for the help everyone,
    I personally just want to tear out the head unit and put the TV in without losing the Bose quality and steering controls; Onstar isn't as important to me, but is nice to have. Will those adapters work with any TV brand or do I have to get a name brand such as Alpine? I saw on the adaptor site that they may be for the 03 and up systems only. Will my stock speakers sound the same with a new head unit, and will I really loose the 6 disk changer?
    wait a min....03 and up??? what about 02s?? anyone know if it'll work on those??

17. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.