Just got the 22's and THERE RUBBIN
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Just got the 22's and THERE RUBBIN in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I went to HW motorsports in LA and they cut a portion of the plastic from underneath my car. I ...
    805forlife is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just got the 22's and THERE RUBBIN

I went to HW motorsports in LA and they cut a portion of the plastic from underneath my car. I was wondering first if it was going 2 ruin the warrenty and second why the hell do they still rub. I right now have the 4 stock tires in the back of the truck but if they cut that portion off it should rub right? Please let me know I need to know if I need 2 go back and have a lil chat with them.
    Sean Mayer

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

99 SKALAID is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Just got the 22's and THERE RUBBIN

the type of vehicle would help get some correct answers

also if the truck is lowered or not.

does it rub in the front?
    does it rub in the rear?
    does it rub all the time?
    does it rub when turning?

my 99 has 23's and is lowered 3-4 inches and when i lowered it it rubbed on a whole bunch of things, but i just cut them away

PistolPreeth is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

22s should not rub on a non-modded (suspension wise) AWD Escalade. But if ur rubbing is on a 2WD (since the 2WD is lower) ask them to cut more plastic off----warranty will not be voided....good luck

Dasco49 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

ok, i just got 22's on my 2wd escalade and it rubs when i turn out. Do they cut inside the wheel well? I probably need to take it back.

Sorry about that its an EXT. Its AWD and for some reason it still rubs. I t just rubs in the front left and right tires. I think that they cut some of the fender flaps but some of the actual front bumper sides near the wheels still haveta be cut. Has anyone had 2 do this. I was thinking of cutting then sanding. If anyone has any opinions please let me know.
    Sean Mayer

Clem is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

What year is it?

I was talking to a friend at Tirerack and they have a "warning" from their fitment department in their system: "Fender modification may be required for the Front Driver side of this vehicle due to a new placement of the window washing fluid reservoir." for 04s 305/40R22, 305/35R23, 305/35/24. Tirerack is fairly conservative when it comes to fitment too.

Offset of the wheels would probably have a lot to do with it if that fitment warning doesn't apply to you.

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

what year and is it lowered??

It is and 04 and it is not lowered. But i just want 2 make sure that it doesn't void the warranty because I dont wanna have to make up a story how the plastic was ripped off. Please let me know.
    Sean Mayer

Clem is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by 805forlife
    It is and 04 and it is not lowered.

See my reply a couple posts up about the Tirerack warning.

Machine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I rubbed with 285/50/20's on my AWD '02 Escalade. I zip-tied the plastic and the rubbing is gone, and the fix has held up for two years, now. If you can, try this before you cut more plastic. By using zip-ties, I was able to move the front plastic portion forward by 2"

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by 805forlife
    I went to HW motorsports in LA and they cut a portion of the plastic from underneath my car. I was wondering first if it was going 2 ruin the warrenty and second why the hell do they still rub. I right now have the 4 stock tires in the back of the truck but if they cut that portion off it should rub right? Please let me know I need to know if I need 2 go back and have a lil chat with them.
    Sean Mayer
    what size tires are they?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.