Help Me Choose My New Car!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Help Me Choose My New Car! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey everyone, it has came time for me to finally choose my new car/suv, but im having a little trouble. ...
    Hetrain is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Help Me Choose My New Car!

Hey everyone, it has came time for me to finally choose my new car/suv, but im having a little trouble. Im going to test drive next week, but need to slim down my choices. Right now, i am looking at a new Cadillac Escalade or a Cadillac Escalade EXT, a Jaguar S Type, a chrysler 300C, and a H2 Hummer. Is there that big of difference between the gas milage for the H2 and the escalade? Also, can anyone help me with these different cars; i was hoping someone would have some personal experiance with some of them or something. Im looking for something i can put some 24's/20s or bigger on, and look good in, but need ok gas milage. Help a brother out! Here it is again:
    1.Cadillac Escalade EXT
    2.Cadillac Escalade
    3.Jaguar S Type
    4.Chrysler 300C
    5.Hummer H2

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

majax is offline 32V Northstar

Re: Help Me Choose My New Car!

I'd stay away from the H2 they have shown to be unreliable. I'd Get a Escalade or the 300c with the Hemi.

Lade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

First of all , Welcome...

I would stay away from the S type. The body style is about to change(based on FordTauris) and it is really a pain in the neck when high miliege is attained. IMO it is a poorly made vehicle compared to its peers(E class, 5 series.) It is a great looking car, my uncles girlfriend has a 4.0, as does my neighbor, but both want to trade for the new XJ. I had a 2002 XK8, which was IMO very problem filled and cheap feeling compared to my SL.

H2's are way too slow for me, and aren't selling as well at the dealers compared to when they were new. The value is dropping faster than the Escalade and the gas is worse. People are not fascinated with them since the Hummer brand has become more generic than ever before (H1=real Hummer) The based on the Chevy colorado (S10 size) is almost out and GM hopes that this will save the brand's profit margin. Also the new cool H2 to have is the new (EXT)truck version. Test drive the Escalade before a serious purchase.

The Chrysler is cool and Bentley-like, but in a year it will still be a CHRYSLER!! and they will be everywhere!!. Still cool though if you don't mind that brand name. Also the next Cadillac Deville is going to look really cool and will take some fire from the 300. Big price jump though The 2006 FWD Deville will resemble the V16. A year later AWD or RWD will arrive.

2002+ Escalade/EXT has a great residual value and is IMO a great buy. I own one with 22's, custom E&G grill, Exhaust, etc. In my opinion, it is the only vehicle in its price range(New or Used) that can compete styling-wise with cars twice its price. Not to mention its running with almost 350hp.(The 2005 2wd will offer the 6.0l also) When people say that hip hop lyrics have taken over its Cadillac roots, I explain that most of the Artists rapping about this specific vehicle are also owners of S600's, Rolls Royce Phantom;s, Lamoghini Murcielagos, etc. They talk about these autos because they're are what's HOT and what's desired by the masses.

Good Luck
    -cy

Lade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

In the above post, while speaking about the Hummer, I meant to say that the H3 is coming out based on the Colorado chasis. This could be applicable for you since I heard it may offer a Powerful 5cyl diesel. Rims may not work though.

good points all around. I have always had a small problem with the jaguars mainly because they now sorta look like a kia or hyundai.... the chrysler is impressive, but i dont know if I could get over having a chrysler. the hummer is just huge. I definitly will give all these cars a test drive to make my decision. In the end, you just cant beat the cadillac name, and all the shout outs and props in rap songs ect/how popular the escalade is.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I looked at an H2, the problem for me with the H2 was seeing out the windows, you do not have good visibility like the Escalade, I am not a Mopar guy butt the 300 is a nice car.

outofdablue is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The Hummer, much like the 300 C, has bad visibility. That is due to the chopped windows. I don't think any of the cars/trucks that you have mentioned can compare with the Escalade/Ext. Styling, Power, and the Cadillac name says it all.

om542 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I test drove the new H2 "EXT" and it wasn't that impressive. The ride in a caddy is much better as well as the features. I also heard that h2s are unreliable. If you want a hummer stick with the h1.

yea i dont really like the old h1's... Even after doing about a years worth of research and looking at millions of web sites ect, it is hard to narrow down the list without actually going and test driving, which ill be going to do soon! I think that the chrysler is off the list, mainly bc it is a chrysler and i want a brand name that is well known and luxury such as a cadillac or a hummer.
    My list is mainly down to the Hummer H2 and the Cadillac Escalade EXT/Escalade.

Went down and looked at a used H2 that was at a dealership by my house. Its off my list now! Didnt like how it looked in person, and for that type of money; there should be more opptions/luxury type things. It really is just a box on wheels! Too bad they didnt have any escalades to look at.... Has anyone had personal experiance with the new Land Rover Range Rover? They look good, just wondering what everyone thinks of the range besides the escalade...Why do i hear the Range Rover gets worse gas milage then an escalade??? Isnt it alot smaller? My list is currently this:
    1.Cadillac Escalade EXT/Escalade
    2.Land Rover Range Rover????

clickart is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Dude, if you got the money ($75,000) than go for the Range Rover. I'm just 17 years old but I'm lucky enough to have an 02 Escalade as my first car. It's a great truck and everything but its nothing compares to the Range Rover. I test drove a brand new Range Rover and it's absolutely a lot better than my Escalade. The interior is nice, the size is right for me, and the ride is a lot better than the Escalade. But the price is a huge difference. I think an Escalade is a better buy because the price is just right, good looking, and it drives like a luxury car. You might want to check out the Lexus LX 470 if you have a chance. Good Luck!

clickart is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I think the gas-mileage on the Range Rover is the same as the Escalade. I think it's around 14mpg in city.

dnyce617 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I agree, if you can afford the Range, go for it, to me it's the hottest thing out.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I purchased a Range Rover 2 years ago (an 02') it costs almost 70k, after 2 months (most of the time in the shop) they purchased it back from me. I like the ride of my Escalade and the interior room much better, although I was only able to drive the RR for 1800 miles before it was out of here.

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

the problem with jaguar is it was bought by ford and now isn't as good as it use to be. the problem with hummer is it was bought by gm and now it isn't as good as it use to be. they've 'dumbed' down those cars. i also heard the RR is very unreliable, and for that much money, i would want something that works perfect. i love my EXT and wouldn't trade it for any other SUV/truck out there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.