Help Me Choose My New Car! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Help Me Choose My New Car! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Out of the first 5, my order would be like this 1.Cadillac Escalade 2.Hummer H2 3.Cadillac Escalade EXT 3.Jaguar S ...
    brett79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Help Me Choose My New Car!

Out of the first 5, my order would be like this
    1.Cadillac Escalade
    2.Hummer H2
    3.Cadillac Escalade EXT
    3.Jaguar S Type
    4.Chrysler 300C

If you add the Range, it would be like this
    1.Range Rover
    5.Cadillac Escalade

If you have the $'s, there is no question. Ranges are high maint, like jags, but they are amazing. I also test drove a G500 when I was looking, they are pretty badass too!!!

Hetrain is offline Cadillac Owners Member

u dont like the Escalade EXt's??

PistolPreeth is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I test drove the following cars before settling for an Escalade
    1. BMW X5 4.6si
    2. Mercedes G55
    3. Mercedes G500
    4. Hummer H2
    5. Range Rover (2001) 4.6 HSE
    6. Range Rover 2003+
    7. Cadillac Escalade
    8. Buick Rendezvous (dont ask dont tell)

The BMW was the best car in terms of making u feel as though ur driving a BMW 3 series.

The G55 & G500 were too narrow for me and the interior was too plasticy. Plus cargo room is garbage..what is nice is that front windshield...HUGE!

The H2-i felt like i was driving an 18wheeler. Plus the rear view mirror was so tiny for such a big truck. Also not enough options for a 55K base priced car

The Ranges=the story is that they spend more time in the shop than on the road. I would trust the owners and not the magazines. THey suck apparently. But who knows maybe they got bad cars. But i wouldn't drive it if i got it for FREE!

The Escalade=great name, great looking, rims look the best on this SUV, great Service cheapeness (can't beat $70 for an oil change...i once paid $285 for a porsche change!), also EVERYTHING comes with the car---cd changer, heated seats, chrome wheels, sunroof, nav! al for $57K. I dont think i would trade this car in for a Range Rover. The escalade was so good i traded in my 03 for an 04. I love the escalade and pamper it like it was my own child!

I to you Cadillac for creating my heaven

Lade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I looked at the 03+ RangeRover and almost went for it without even driving the Escalade. I am the kinda guy who likes SL500's and 911's and XK8's(I have owned both the SL and the Jag) so my first choice was going to be the Ford built Range Rover since it seemed more "high line" and European. Everyone has different needs and tastes, but for me the Escalade actually just made sense and after I got in it I just had to have it. I wanted a kick ass SUV but needed it to be dependable not a Shop Garage Queen. The Range is nice and a little less "played out", but in Hollywood last night I saw more 03+ Ranges on 22/24's than Escalades. Anyway the Range doesn't feel as quick and is quite a bit smaller in and out. The interior is nicer, but if you put a little money into the Caddy it makes a world of difference. There is a minor facelift coming some time next year for the Range so be carefull. There is also a mini Range on the way that will be kinda like what Lincoln is doing with the Aviator( A smaller Navi). Ford is still not sure if they want to call it a Range and may call it a LandRover. It will be around $45-50K and will strongly resemble the current Range. My good friend has a 2002 G500, Its different but not comfortable IMO. The G will be more like a bigger ML in 2006, and the current classic stlyle will be discontinued.

brett79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Well, obviously I love the Escalade too, bc I decided on it. I liked the range a lot, but the "in the shop" horror stories drove me away too. The G500 was amazing, but was small and didnt get very good reviews. If i didnt read the reviews, I may have gone with the 500. Then I drove the H2, and thought I was gonna buy that. Then the LAST thing I drove was the Escalade, and fell in love. I really didnt think I was gonna get an Escalade bc I had a Navigator at the time and thought they were too similar. I wanted something really different ....range/G500, but then i drove it and it was like no other.....so to end all my babbling/ :drinker drunk talk..the Escalade beats them all out!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.