'03 Problems - HELP!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, '03 Problems - HELP! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi everyone, I am a new member here and I just recently purchased an 2003 Escalade with 9200 miles. I ...
    jprek is offline Cadillac Owners Member

'03 Problems - HELP!

Hi everyone,

I am a new member here and I just recently purchased an 2003 Escalade with 9200 miles. I now have almost 17,000 miles.

I NEED HELP! Here is a list of problems I am having:

1. I have a rattle when I go from stop to start. I took it to the dealership I bought it from. (It was a chevrolet dealership that my best friend owns). They replaced the muffler siting that it had "bad baffles" in them causing the rattle. When I got it back, the rattle was gone. After a few weeks, the rattle slowly came back. Does anybody know what the deal is or what it is?

2. Clicking sound (like a rolling odometer) comming from vents. The sound is only occasionally. It goes away if I shut the climate control off.

3. The "Service Stability" message came on. Is that bad?

4. I feel my shocks are going. I have noticed a change in how the car handles bumps since I bought it. I haven't hit anything or drove hard. Is this normal.

5. Pump noise comes on when car started sometimes. I'm not sure if this is a problem, I think it maybe the hydraulic leveler. It only lasts a few seconds. Is this normal?

I would love to hear if this is normal or if they are problems. I used to have an '01 330ci BMW and I never had a truck before.

PLEASE HELP! I would like to know of any notorious problems and/or tips for me. Thanks for the help guys.

Jimmy

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: '03 Problems - HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by jprek
    Hi everyone,

I am a new member here and I just recently purchased an 2003 Escalade with 9200 miles. I now have almost 17,000 miles.

I NEED HELP! Here is a list of problems I am having:

1. I have a rattle when I go from stop to start. I took it to the dealership I bought it from. (It was a chevrolet dealership that my best friend owns). They replaced the muffler siting that it had "bad baffles" in them causing the rattle. When I got it back, the rattle was gone. After a few weeks, the rattle slowly came back. Does anybody know what the deal is or what it is?

2. Clicking sound (like a rolling odometer) comming from vents. The sound is only occasionally. It goes away if I shut the climate control off.

3. The "Service Stability" message came on. Is that bad?

4. I feel my shocks are going. I have noticed a change in how the car handles bumps since I bought it. I haven't hit anything or drove hard. Is this normal.

5. Pump noise comes on when car started sometimes. I'm not sure if this is a problem, I think it maybe the hydraulic leveler. It only lasts a few seconds. Is this normal?

I would love to hear if this is normal or if they are problems. I used to have an '01 330ci BMW and I never had a truck before.

PLEASE HELP! I would like to know of any notorious problems and/or tips for me. Thanks for the help guys.

Jimmy

You will get a "air pump" noise a few seconds after starting, that is the air ride in the rear pumping up, that is normal. I have an 03' with 17k miles and my shocks feel the same as the day I purchased my truck, they give a nice tight ride. My "Service Stability" light comes on about once a month for a few minutes, but when looking for codes with the Tech II scan tool there is none, not normal but the machanic from the dealer said many Escalade's have this issue. I have no rattles or clicking sounds, I am very happy with the truck so far

outofdablue is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The noise from the vents might be leaves stuck in your vents. Especially if it onl.y happens when the fan runs. That other noise from your rear is normal, the rear suspension leveling out. The check stability light I get also from time to time. And as far as the other rattles, well an Escalade doesn't have the same fit and finish as the Beemer so that is pretty normal.

MEJIA is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Here is what is causing the rattle

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=9835

Hope this helps,

Mejia

03whiteext is offline Cadillac Owners Member

my Service Stability light issue was solved by replacing the steering sensor that is inside the steering column, my dealer said he has replaced quite a few of them. my muffler popping was solved by installing a set of flomasters.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.