04 ESV A/C problem... Newbie
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 04 ESV A/C problem... Newbie in Cadillac Escalade Forums; 04 Esv... A/C on...cold on the driver side nothing but hot air on the passenger side... The temp control knobs ...
    c1smalley is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV

04 ESV A/C problem... Newbie

04 Esv... A/C on...cold on the driver side nothing but hot air on the passenger side... The temp control knobs are both turned down to 60... but hot air on the passenger side...

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
    Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 04 ESV.A/C problem... Newbie

Any ideas?

75 people have looked at this thread....

And know 1 has had this problem...

It sucks to be me...

sk7
    sk7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade AWD

I'm not familliar with the separate controls of the 03 and up, my 02 has a ''one temp fits all'' setting. I would locate the sensors for the temperature ( located in the headliner over the driver's head in my case) and swap them, see if that moves the problem to the other side. If it does you have found your problem!

Don't be too harsh on us for not responding quickly, my brain is not always fully operational... Keep us posted!

nathanjax is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 esKONali

temp blend door actuator. Mine was doing the same thing and I swapped it out about a month ago. NO problems anymore...

Mine was doing this on the drivers side though. The drivers side actuator is under the dash, the passenger side actuator is under the top of the dash here...

You have to take off the top dash, remove the metal bar things, and push stuff out of the way. And even then it's still a pain.

Once you can see the actuator...

Step one
    Using the 5.5 mm or 7/32" socket, remove the screws. Once the screws are removed, the actuator will come off straight up.

Step two
    Once the old unit is off, you'll notice the shaft that the actuator slides on has 2 flats on it. Looking at the new actuator, turn the shaft until it's lined up. Slide the new actuator up onto the shaft, line up the screws and reinstall them. Plug the actuator back in.

Step three (Very important)
    Turn the temp control all the way to cold. Pull the HVAC 1 fuse (panel on the drivers side of the dash, top front fuse). Turn the ignition key to run. Leave the key on for at least 1 minute. Turn the key off and put the fuse back in.

Wow that sounds and looks like a huge mess. Thanks for your input Nathan and Sk7... I think I will leave it too the Stealership...

Thanks again

rwonder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by c1smalley View Post
    Wow that sounds and looks like a huge mess. Thanks for your input Nathan and Sk7... I think I will leave it too the Stealership...

Thanks again
    My 2005 escalade doing the same thing. Driver side hot, passenger side cold. How much did the dealership charge? How much is the part?

Quote Originally Posted by rwonder View Post
    My 2005 escalade doing the same thing. Driver side hot, passenger side cold. How much did the dealership charge? How much is the part?
    Nope. yours is doing the opposite. His is the passenger side problem and that picture is for the passenger side switch. Yours is the drivers side switch. Yours is REAL easy to fix. Takes 10 minutes.

Tools required:
    1/4" drive ratchet
    7 mm socket
    5.5 mm socket or 7/32" will work
    1 1/2" extension

Step one
    Using the 7mm socket remove the 3 screws holding the passenger side underdash trim panel. The screw above the transmission hump is a pain so be careful and take your time removing it.

Step two
    Once the panel is out of the way, the actuator is toward the center of the truck. The electrical plug comes in from the bottom and has 5 wires, unplug it. There are 2 screws holding the actuator in, one on the left and one on the right. Using the 5.5 mm or 7/32" socket, remove the screws. Once the screws are removed, the actuator will come off straight down.

Step three
    Once the old unit is off, you'll notice the shaft that the actuator slides on has 2 flats on it. Looking at the new actuator, turn the shaft until it's lined up. Slide the new actuator up onto the shaft, line up the screws and reinstall them. Plug the actuator back in.

Step four (Very important)
    Turn the temp control all the way to cold. Pull the HVAC 1 fuse (panel on the drivers side of the dash, top front fuse). Turn the ignition key to run. Leave the key on for at least 1 minute. Turn the key off and put the fuse back in.

In this picture, it's under the black plastic piece near the center counsole

rwonder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade

Thanks for the help. I actually got it working by turning the ac off and then disconnecting the battery. I reconnected about an hour later, turned the ac on and it is working. Its been about 5 days and is still working. Will post if it stops.

Povich is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Ext, 94 deville

anyone know what these actuatours cost? Mine started the same thing yesterday and drivin to NC from Pa for holiday in two weeks! No ac could be miserable especially with a two year old along! LOL any help appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Povich View Post
    anyone know what these actuatours cost? Mine started the same thing yesterday and drivin to NC from Pa for holiday in two weeks! No ac could be miserable especially with a two year old along! LOL any help appreciated!
    About $80 give or take... I think my cost on it was $68 from Chevy through my fathers account (he's a machanic)

dricker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade 6.0 AWD

Re: 04 ESV A/C problem... Newbie

I'm having a similar issue, but my problem is that it completely blows hot air on both sides. I have played around with the controls but to no avail. But I did notice once I turned the vehicle off then restarted the AC started to work. I'm not sure this is the same issue I see in the posts before.

This has happend a few time over several months.

Any help would be appreciated to how I may troubleshoot the issue or if there is other info I have yet to find.

Could this be a sensor issue... if so where are they located?

Thanks,

04 Escalade
    DR

Sarolani is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

Hi! I read your previous input on the a/c issues blowing hot air. I just wanted to ask you if that blender could be the issue on the AC that just started blowing hot air. Initially it was just the front and now the back is also blowing hot air. I've checked fuses. Added Freon (sp) and am now exploring other possibilities. Any suggestions. Keep in mind I'm female and plan on fixing this myself. I've fixed a few minor issues on my Navigator but I'm still female

I have a 2002 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Sarolani View Post
    Hi! I read your previous input on the a/c issues blowing hot air. I just wanted to ask you if that blender could be the issue on the AC that just started blowing hot air. Initially it was just the front and now the back is also blowing hot air. I've checked fuses. Added Freon (sp) and am now exploring other possibilities. Any suggestions. Keep in mind I'm female and plan on fixing this myself. I've fixed a few minor issues on my Navigator but I'm still female

I have a 2002 Escalade
    Thats what it sounds like to me...

bedwards is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 escalade ext

dricker,
    Did you get an answer to your question? My wifes 04 Escalade started doing this a couple of months ago and I would like to get it fixed.
    Thanks
    Bobby

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.