Questions from Hawaii
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Questions from Hawaii in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Aloha, I am new to this forum and glad that I found it. I have been reading most of the ...
    Rage is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '03 Escalade Sandstone

Questions from Hawaii

Aloha,

I am new to this forum and glad that I found it. I have been reading most of the post and have been searching around but still need some help.

I want to add performance parts to my Lade but want to research and gather different opinions and experiences before making any purchases.

First, I want to start off with installing an intake system. I know that there are many out there but I really am deciding between the VOLANT or AEM. I read somewhere that the AEM has a 4 inch pipe. Is this true? What about the VOLANT? What would you get and why?

Second, what would be the perfect exhaust system for my Lade? Opinions or experiences with Borla, Flowmaster, Corsa, others?

This would the first two upgrades that I want to do soon because the gas prices here in Hawaii keeps going up . When the rest of the nation's gas prices go down ours still stays up there!

Thanks,
    Rage

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Questions from Hawaii

Welcome to the Forum I looked at K&N FIPK (which I put 5 of these on my last 5 Suburbans, and was pleased) and the Volant, I put a Volant on my Escalade and I am very pleased, it had a more stock look to it than the K&N system, it makes less noise bacause it's contained in a box to cut down on the "drown". The exhaust I went with Corsa Touring, I had 3 Borla systems on Suburban's, and 2 Borla systems on C4 Vettes, and I was generally pleased but my Borla systems all had a interior dronw noise at 1600 to about 2000 rpm, and another reason is that Corsa is licensed by GM so there will never be a warranty problem, and I had Corsa systems on my last 3 C5 Vettes.

MEJIA is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Hello and aboard

For the intake part Ive heard the best way to go is the Volant Intake, I dont own one but that is my next upgrade. Right now I only have a K&N Replacement Air Filter.

I have also bought the Predator Computer, and I feel it is a very good performance upgrade, worth every penny.

Hope this helps,

Mejia

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone
    Welcome to the Forum I looked at K&N FIPK (which I put 5 of these on my last 5 Suburbans, and was pleased) and the Volant, I put a Volant on my Escalade and I am very pleased, it had a more stock look to it than the K&N system, it makes less noise bacause it's contained in a box to cut down on the "drown". The exhaust I went with Corsa Touring, I had 3 Borla systems on Suburban's, and 2 Borla systems on C4 Vettes, and I was generally pleased but my Borla systems all had a interior dronw noise at 1600 to about 2000 rpm, and another reason is that Corsa is licensed by GM so there will never be a warranty problem, and I had Corsa systems on my last 3 C5 Vettes.
    thanks for the info... I was wondering would you know what the diameter of the pipe used on the VOLANT? How is the power overall in all ranges? Sorry for all the questions but I want to make the right decision on my Lade.

Rage

Mejia,

Where can I get more info on this Predator Computer? Is this the same as a Hypertech programmer? I have searched for it before but no luck on Hypertech for the Lade.

Rage

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

jahngga is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Whats up Rage!

I'm from Oahu myself. I got a 03' Lade myself (diamond white). What kind of rim/tire setup you got? I currently got 24's with a 2/3 drop along with the Baer Eradispeed + 1 rotor upgrade kit. I also wanted to do some engine mods but since I only drive it once or twice a week, I'm not sure if it's worth all that money. I'd really like to add a dual split exit exhuast system but I don't want the cabin to be too loud at freeway speeds. Where were you thinking about having your exhaust installed at? Exhuast Systems Hawaii?? Drop an email/pics sometime at optionz808@aol.com.

Later, JAHngga

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.