Escalade vs. Denali vs. Avalanch
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Escalade vs. Denali vs. Avalanch in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I am currently looking to buy a cadillac, but also am considering the GMC Denali, and possibly the Chevrolet Avalanch; ...
    Hetrain is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Escalade vs. Denali vs. Avalanch

I am currently looking to buy a cadillac, but also am considering the GMC Denali, and possibly the Chevrolet Avalanch; all of which have a look similar to the escalade and escalade ext. Besides the cadillac logo and name, and the constant props in rap songs ect, what is the advantages of buying an escalde compared to a Denali? What are the advantages of buying a Escalade EXT over a Chevrolet Avalanch???

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PistolPreeth is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Escalade vs. Denali vs. Avalanch

I think the Escalade comes with everything u can possibly imagine stock...the only options are
    Sunroof
    Navigation
    Rear Seat DVD player and screen
    Chrome wheels

I am not sure but i think those are extras in the Denali and the Avalanche. I guess u are paying for the name more than anything if they are standard in the Denali and Avalanche

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

I think you should take all 3 on a test drive and see the differences for yourself. My 03 Escalade is quieter then my friend's 04 Denali. My friend's Denali also has that top heavy feeling that my Lade lacks. The Lade also has more horse power and a better warranty then the Denali. I can't speak for the Avalanche b/c I've never even driven one.

Don't compare these vehicles on looks alone. You get your money's worth with the Cadillac IMHO.

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

How is the lade any different than the denali, its the same motor. I like the denali better myself.

slk230mb is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade

It's not the same motor the Escalade has the LQ9 (345hp/380lb) the Denali has the LQ4 (320hp/365lb). Both engines have the same displacement, 6.0 Liters, but the engines have different compression ratios. Although the difference may seem negligible they can be felt, my friend has a Denali with the LQ4 and my Escalade feels stronger accelerating from a stop and passing speeds on the highway.
    ~Steve

skaha is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had an 02 Denali before upgrading to an 03 Escalade. They are pretty much the same truck but when I had the Denali it always bugged me that it wasn't the nicest truck around. The Escalade has a tiny bit more power, is a little smoother , has a better warranty, a couple minor features extra and best of all it's a caddy! The transmission shift points are much improved in the Escalade over the Denali. The Denali would shift back into 1st gear super easily up to about 60kph and pratically redline, man I hated that.

If you are happy to save some money and have the second best truck then go for the Denali.... If you like owning the best and don't want to kick yourself for going cheaper then go for the Escalade.

dnyce617 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I decided to get the Denali this time around. They have the exact same drivetrain (Denali engine de-tuned for 87 octane,) suspension, etc. And right now you can get quite a deal on the GMC, as I did. If 25 horsepower and a slightly better warranty (loaner car, etc.) are worth 8-10 grand to you, get the Escalade, but I actually prefer the Denali.

Hetrain is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Skaha, you took the words out of my mouth. Im thinking most people would choose the escalade not because of the different things compared to the denali, which are small; but mainly because its a cadillac, and that person would own what everyone talks about! Great point, and thats exactly why the escalade is on the top of my list, but if that doesnt work out the denali is a ok 2nd, but i would be kicking myself in the long run b/c I dont own a 'lac... You just gotta have the best, and thats the escalade!

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I wanted to get a Denali before I purchased my Escalade, but I could not get a good deal from the GMC dealers around me, it turned out that I could get an Escalade for about 3k more because of the deal I got on the Escalade, and I would have service (if I ever need it) much closer because there are 2 Caddy dealerships that are half the distance of the closest GMC dealership, and I am glad that I got the Escalade, after 6 Suburbans the Escalade is much nicer.

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

All I know is the dealer sticker said 345 hp for the denali.

This is from the GMC web site, it says 325 hp, run away from that dealer.

http://www.gmc.com/specs/specs_conte...vehicle=denali

Engines, Transmissions & Axles
    S = Standard A = Available N/A = Not Available

Engine Options for All Yukon Denali Models

Trim Level Horsepower Torque (lb-ft.)
    Yukon Denali Yukon XL Denali
    Vortec™ 6000 V8 S S 325 365

Features

Yukon Denali Yukon XL Denali
    Air cleaner, high-capacity S S
    Alternator, 145 amps S S
    Cooling, engine oil cooler, heavy-duty air-to-oil S S
    Engine block heater A A
    Exhaust, aluminized stainless-steel muffler and tailpipe with chrome exhaust tip S S
    Fuel tank capacity, 26 gallons S N/A
    Fuel tank capacity, 31 gallons N/A S
    Rear axle, 3.73 ratio S S
    Transmission, 4-speed automatic, heavy-duty, electronically controlled with overdrive and tow/haul mode A A

*Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Tax, title, license, dealer fees, and optional equipment extra.

outofdablue is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

You can also argue that the Denali is just a dressed up Yukon or Tahoe. If you look at it in terms of levels it would be : Tahoe/Yukon ----> Denali/Tahoe Z71 ----> Escalade. So depending on the money you want to spend and options you are looking for, you have 3 different models to choose from. To me the Denali looks too close to the Yukons/Tahoes, and is overpriced. The older model Denalis differiented themselves from the regular Yukons/Tahoes a lot better than the current models. The older ones had a more pronounced front end but also added more body cladding, so you could tell that it is a Denali from any angle. The newer models you can only tell from the front. Now, with the Escalade, you can immediately tell what kind of truck it is. And the fact this is an Escalade forum, I would have to tell you to go with the ESCALADE !

Sta11ion is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

Escalade is by far the choice, air suspension in the rear, quiter truck better motor. Also if you are already up there in price an extra 100 to 2 hundrend a month I dont think that will brake the bank. BUt the Denali is still a nice truck second choice for me.

dnyce617 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Sta11ion
    Escalade is by far the choice, air suspension in the rear, quiter truck better motor. Also if you are already up there in price an extra 100 to 2 hundrend a month I dont think that will brake the bank. BUt the Denali is still a nice truck second choice for me.
    Not trying to start an argument, but the Denali has the same rear suspension, same interior/motor=same noise levels. I've owned both and chose the Denali for my current vehicle, and money really wasn't an issue, but you can't argue with the value.

The rear suspension is the same on both trucks, but my neighbor who has an 04' Denali says every time we go out in my truck that it is much quiter than his, I personally think they are about the same IMO

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.