leather treatment
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, leather treatment in Cadillac Escalade Forums; i was wondering what you guys recommend for leather treatment. My 96 lexus's leather seats look as if they are ...
    om542 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

leather treatment

i was wondering what you guys recommend for leather treatment. My 96 lexus's leather seats look as if they are about to split and I don't want that to happen the the caddy. The lexus is also a coach edition which means its all coach leather. Thanx.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Daryl in KY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade

Re: leather treatment

I use the cleaner and conditioner from Autosport. I also use the leather cleaner swipes to help with the steering wheel and the driver's seat. After almost 5 years and 60,000 miles, my driver's seat shows some "character". I believe that had I been more diligent with cleaning & conditioning it would be in a little better shape today. But soft leather comes with a downside.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I use Zaino leather cleaner Z-9 and their conditioner Z-10, other good products are Lexol which we used in our shops for over 10 years

outofdablue is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I have been using Lexol products for many years. Unfortunately, wear and tear eventually will take its toll !

MEJIA is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Ive used leather treatment products such as Lexol, Zymol, Meguiars, etc. But I can bet you nothing works like Zaino Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner, once you use it you will see what I mean.

Hope this helps,

Mejia

thanks for the replies. I think I will some zaino for a while. Does anyone know if Zaino will help fix my lexus at all? Make it look at least a little better?

It should, I have a ton of customers with Lexus cars, they come with very good paint.

Clem is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I know a lot of the BMW guys like Zaino and Lexol

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone
    It should, I have a ton of customers with Lexus cars, they come with very good paint.
    Actually I meant if the zaino leather treatment and conditioner would help the leather on my seats which are cracked really badly.

blingblingcv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I have a couple of blue stains on my escalade seats from wearing brand new blue jeans. Does anyone know of anything to remove them. Also I have a couple of dirty spots where the rear cupholders are due to people in the back sliding around and kicking it and also some marks on the doors about where the bose speakers are that have dirt. Anyone know anything they recommend to get these marks and scuffs out.

Quote Originally Posted by om542
    Actually I meant if the zaino leather treatment and conditioner would help the leather on my seats which are cracked really badly.
    Sorry about that, usually if you have cracks it's too late, but I would try some conditioner on an area and see what it does

Quote Originally Posted by blingblingcv
    I have a couple of blue stains on my escalade seats from wearing brand new blue jeans. Does anyone know of anything to remove them. Also I have a couple of dirty spots where the rear cupholders are due to people in the back sliding around and kicking it and also some marks on the doors about where the bose speakers are that have dirt. Anyone know anything they recommend to get these marks and scuffs out.
    A good vinyl cleaner like 303 sould clean your vinyl, and a leather cleaner should take the blue off your seats, you will really have to rub.

outofdablue is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Hey Hvcone, what can you do about the wrinkling of the leather on the seat botton part. The seat bottom part closest to the door where you constantly get in and out of the truck. That parts seems to wrinkle and crease while the other parts of the seat look brand new.

I know what you are talking about, I am trying a few different things but no luck so far, I will try a few more things this weekend and post back

MEJIA is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by outofdablue
    Hey Hvcone, what can you do about the wrinkling of the leather on the seat botton part. The seat bottom part closest to the door where you constantly get in and out of the truck. That parts seems to wrinkle and crease while the other parts of the seat look brand new.

Ahhh!!! I have the same problem.......

Apparently and by what Hcvone has said there is no way to fix this problem... But when I apply Zaino leather cleaner and then the conditioner I put EXTRA attention and more quantity of Zaino and rub really well and hard... I wont rub to this degree all the leather surface of the truck, otherwise it might take me 6 hrs to finish it

I know this is no fix at all, but it is the best way I have found...
    If someone else knows how to fix this..... please post suggestions.

Thanks,

Mejia

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.