anyone got/seen a lifted off-road Escalade? - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, anyone got/seen a lifted off-road Escalade? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by TheCaddyKidd The hood is photoshopped on.. I bought that hood a while back but had major fitment ...
    the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCaddyKidd

The hood is photoshopped on.. I bought that hood a while back but had major fitment issues with it.. The company was going to send me another hood but at the time I was just so fed up that I just got my money back.. The hood definately looks sick but i wasnt having it at the time.. maybe now that some time has passed i will give them another go
    You fooled me great work
    I know if you get another one it will look great
    Kinda sucks that the one you had didn't fit good

djais1801 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 EXT Sable Black

Re: anyone got/seen a lifted off-road Escalade?

are those projector lights?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCaddyKidd View Post
    The hood is photoshopped on.. I bought that hood a while back but had major fitment issues with it.. The company was going to send me another hood but at the time I was just so fed up that I just got my money back.. The hood definately looks sick but i wasnt having it at the time.. maybe now that some time has passed i will give them another go

Quote Originally Posted by djais1801
    are those projector lights?
    If you are meaning his headlight yes they are projection headlights here is a site to get some like them www.carid.com

nomadgj is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i have an 03 ext . I lifted it 6" I would not recommend it. A lot of problems. Front end, bearings. oil seals, drive line, dont do it

TheCaddyKidd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by nomadgj View Post
    i have an 03 ext . I lifted it 6" I would not recommend it. A lot of problems. Front end, bearings. oil seals, drive line, dont do it
    Who installed your lift and what brand? I have an 06 lifted with 35's.. Not a single problem other then some rubbing when i cut the wheel all the way..

Txao1051 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

Caddykidd your rig is sic bro... im assuming you have a BDS? what is the bottom of the window height?

justin mazzon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 escalade

there's a good video on google of an escalade off roading at: escalade off roading on a 4x4 trail

Quote Originally Posted by justin mazzon
    there's a good video on google of an escalade off roading at: escalade off roading on a 4x4 trail
    I looked up a few by putting in what you typed and it pulled up a few videos good videos showing some of what the escalade an do

Silent_Assasin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT - Rip Tide Blue

Why would anyone do such a dumb thing to such a nice truck!?....An escalade is not made to be lifted way up with way to big of tires, romping through mudd! That just makes no sense! Sorry...but why not just get a Jeep or a Truck thats actually made for that non sense?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by DLE View Post
    I know this is an old post, but I ran across this lifted lade online. Anyways, just thought i'd share. Pretty sick.

LOL wtf is wrong with people?... Do you guys really think that looks good?

TheCaddyKidd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT

Why do guys lower their ride and make their truck as low as a car? Why do guys add a system to the truck that makes it louder then is even enjoyable to listen to? Why do guys put intake, exhaust, performance chips, nitrous, etc on a truck instead of just buying a sports car? Why do guys put verticle grills on their truck? Why do guys put horizontal grills on their truck? Accessorizing your vehicle is to make the vehicle what you like.. It is a way of expressing ones self.. It doesnt matter what others think.. Its what you want your truck to look like.. Now I will admit that the above truck is a little extreme.. But I am sorry.. I have gotten compliments everywhere I have gone with my truck.. Some guys actually use their trucks for off roading, while others do the lift to get the off road look and feel.. Personally I have taken mine semi off roading.. Not jumping mounds or rock crawling.. Just minor stuff.. Here are some trucks that I found online.. These trucks look sick..

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Assasin
    Why would anyone do such a dumb thing to such a nice truck!?....An escalade is not made to be lifted way up with way to big of tires, romping through mudd! That just makes no sense! Sorry...but why not just get a Jeep or a Truck thats actually made for that non sense?

----------

LOL wtf is wrong with people?... Do you guys really think that looks good?
    I agree I find a lifted escalade odd but to each their own even if its tacky

HoustonBussa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade Base

Why? Because it's a GM Truck with a lack badge on it. Wow.. Trolls in all forums regardless of the "class". It's like Cadillac is reserved for bouchie people only... It's a truck.. Yes, with a bit of refinement, but yet still just a GM truck as the Tahoe or Yukon.... If someone does something to a truck you don't like.. Just move on.. It's not yours, but theirs. Life is simple.

I'd like to do a slight lift as I think when done right, it really looks aggressive. Only the time will tell what the future will bring for my lade though. Having the basic, I think 3-4" will be more than enough for my taste. Knowing me, it'll be a year or so before I find what I absolutely love.. Then another 6months saving up for only that.. Hope to see more examples and learn more about it and other performance mods along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonBussa
    Why? Because it's a GM Truck with a lack badge on it. Wow.. Trolls in all forums regardless of the "class". It's like Cadillac is reserved for bouchie people only... It's a truck.. Yes, with a bit of refinement, but yet still just a GM truck as the Tahoe or Yukon.... If someone does something to a truck you don't like.. Just move on.. It's not yours, but theirs. Life is simple.

I'd like to do a slight lift as I think when done right, it really looks aggressive. Only the time will tell what the future will bring for my lade though. Having the basic, I think 3-4" will be more than enough for my taste. Knowing me, it'll be a year or so before I find what I absolutely love.. Then another 6months saving up for only that.. Hope to see more examples and learn more about it and other performance mods along the way.
    It looks great if done right

capt. taylor is offline Cadillac Owners Member

capt. taylor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    That is my EXT with a BDS 6.5" lift and fox racing shocks and XD wheels

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.