anyone got/seen a lifted off-road Escalade? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, anyone got/seen a lifted off-road Escalade? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hmm interesting I'm thinking about a bull bar and mounting some lights on the roof rack... I don't ever see ...
    Txao1051 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT
    Hmm interesting I'm thinking about a bull bar and mounting some lights on the roof rack... I don't ever see myself using the roof rack that's why there is a bed

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Txao1051
    Hmm interesting I'm thinking about a bull bar and mounting some lights on the roof rack... I don't ever see myself using the roof rack that's why there is a bed
    Post some pics when you get done

TheCaddyKidd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT

Re: anyone got/seen a lifted off-road Escalade?

Quote Originally Posted by Txao1051 View Post
    I was actually considering the same thing.. The only thing I didn't like was the idea of having the lights stick up off the roof.. I was thinking of installing cab lights like you see on the dodge rams.. I also thought about getting a slim / low profile lightbar where the lights would be under the crossbar of the roof rack.. Again.. Many of these are just not on the priority list.. Once the weather gets nicer I will probably take it in to the shop to have some stuff done..

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaddyKidd

I was actually considering the same thing.. The only thing I didn't like was the idea of having the lights stick up off the roof.. I was thinking of installing cab lights like you see on the dodge rams.. I also thought about getting a slim / low profile lightbar where the lights would be under the crossbar of the roof rack.. Again.. Many of these are just not on the priority list.. Once the weather gets nicer I will probably take it in to the shop to have some stuff done..
    I thought about both of these last night but I ran across a bracket where you can lay the spotlights down after use... There is also a led bar that connects to the roof rack and looks like it belongs so it wouldn't stand out much. Of course you would see te shiny from the glass of the led during the day but I'm sure there are covers somewhere out there.

I thought about both of these last night but I ran across a bracket where you can lay the spotlights down after use... There is also a led bar that connects to the roof rack and looks like it belongs so it wouldn't stand out much. Of course you would see te shiny from the glass of the led during the day but I'm sure there are covers somewhere out there.
    I would like to see some pics if you can get some since I don't use my roof rack that much

This is actually one of hte lightbars I thought about doing.. I forget why I didn't end up gettin it as it was a while ago.. But the idea I liked behind this setup was that it could be painted to match the truck.. The only bad thing is you still got that look of lights stick up.. But at least with the housing and being painted it would look factory I think.. You can actually get this setup cheap online.. They are like 70 shipped.. Can't vouch for light output though..

Here is the one setup I was looking at:

This is actually one of hte lightbars I thought about doing.. I forget why I didn't end up gettin it as it was a while ago.. But the idea I liked behind this setup was that it could be painted to match the truck.. The only bad thing is you still got that look of lights stick up.. But at least with the housing and being painted it would look factory I think.. You can actually get this setup cheap online.. They are like 70 shipped.. Can't vouch for light output though..

I don't know as the price is cheap(and I have had bad experience with cheap fog lights and found it not worth the cheaper price)
    In other words you get what you pay for

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaddyKidd View Post

Here are the convertable light brackets that fold out of the way.

http://www.awdirect.com/fold-down-li...ackets-panels/

and i want a light bar something like this.

http://www.pureautoparts.com/plus-1-...ck-p-3824.html

so i could do both . i have considered ordering an aftermarket grill to cut and place spot lights flush mounted with the grill. what do you think ?

Here are the convertable light brackets that fold out of the way.

http://www.awdirect.com/fold-down-li...ackets-panels/

and i want a light bar something like this.

http://www.pureautoparts.com/plus-1-...ck-p-3824.html

so i could do both . i have considered ordering an aftermarket grill to cut and place spot lights flush mounted with the grill. what do you think ?
    I prefer the second one just not for a Toyota

Agreed... I found them last night for gm trucks but when I get off ill find them and post the link with the gm version...

Agreed... I found them last night for gm trucks but when I get off ill find them and post the link with the gm version...
    Ok that's great as I like how they don't interfere with the use of the roof rack

Quote Originally Posted by Txao1051 View Post
    i have considered ordering an aftermarket grill to cut and place spot lights flush mounted with the grill. what do you think ?
    Like this?

Like this?
    The caddy kid I like how you have done your hood it goes with the grille

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man

Yes actually I hadn't even seen your rig but its def what I ha in mind

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    The hood is photoshopped on.. I bought that hood a while back but had major fitment issues with it.. The company was going to send me another hood but at the time I was just so fed up that I just got my money back.. The hood definately looks sick but i wasnt having it at the time.. maybe now that some time has passed i will give them another go

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.