Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Custom White Reflector

9K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  jsanjuan32 
#1 ·
So Ive been wanting to mod my headlights for some time know. I've got alot planned, but I just go into 1 mod in this thread.

As we all know, nobody in the aftermarket field makes a headlight with a white reflector, so some have taken out the amber reflector out of their headlight. I started to do the same but wanted a different look, so I decided to make my own white reflector.

This is just the first one that I've made, so there are a few imperfections, but I have to say that it turned out pretty good.

On to the pics:

And the White Reflector

Thats it for now.

See less See more
#8 ·
I set my oven to 200 degs & I wait till the oven reaches that temp. Youll know when you hear it turn off. I then put the light on a baking sheet & put it in the oven for 10 mins. Once the 10 mins is up, I pull it out & use a large flat head screwdriver & start to pry on the DRL/park/turn signal side first. I get at least half of the seal broken around the light. I then leave a smaller screwdriver in between the lens & the shell, throw it back in the over for another 10 mins. I then work the seal loose around the reflector side.

Throughout the entire time, I never turn off the oven. Some people do, but if you look at the temp that they set their oven too, I would do the same thing.

Just take your time. I set it to a low temp just because I want to be safe. If you try to rush it, you will probably break something.

#23 ·
Everything hasbeen put on hold till I resolve the issue below:

Funny you should ask because I sent the lights out to have some work done to them. When I got the box back, it had a set of WRX lights in it. Needless to say, I had $3000.00 ins on the shipment, but UPS f***ed me & only paid $1400.00 I showed them my receipts from my caddy dealer showing that I had bought the lights new(driver side was around $1100 & the pass side was around $900), had bought the S2000 projectors (almost $400) & the E46 shrouds ($100) + $400 in labor. They came back & said they cant use the caddy price since the lights were bought a year before the claim & that they found the lights priced for a set around $400. Stupid motherf***ers used a set of cheap aftermarket lights. So until I can afford a new set of lights, the whole project has been put on hold.
Dont worry......I will resume so I can get these done & start producing bulk batchs

#35 ·
Holy crap..That's amazing...they look OEM...great job...I have been searching for so long ever since i purchased a 2013 XTS for some white reflectors..I would be so indebted to you if you can make me some for my car or help me in any way shape or form with my reflector issue ..I totally blacked out my car and want the white reflector to replace the orange reflectors that sit above the front tires of the XTS...plz help!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.