Simple radio antenna
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Simple radio antenna in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Does anyone else not like the simple radio antenna? The escalades have 2 nice looking antennas(2004 w/ nav) on top ...
    om542 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Simple radio antenna

Does anyone else not like the simple radio antenna? The escalades have 2 nice looking antennas(2004 w/ nav) on top of the car and a regular old antenna sticking up from the hood. It makes the car look cheap. Cadillac should replace that antenna with a little rubber stub in the rear of the car like my ml 320. Agree/disagree?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Simple radio antenna

I have no antenna's other than the little ones on the roof, they are built into the glass on my 03', I did not know they changed back in 04'

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

i don't mind the antenna and i've found that the smaller ones usually don't get as good reception. personally if they did anything i'd rather see them get a window mounted antenna. i don't think a small one would change the look much.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

I get just about the same reception out of th escalade with the big antenna and my ml 320 with the little stub. I think the stub makes the car look more luxurious. I wouldn't mind a window mounted one either. We have had 2 regular antennas stolen from our cars and I don't want another.

maybe the addition of xm has something to do with the change from last year.

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

i don't know. i guess if done right it'd be ok. but i installed a small one on a car one time and it was so bad i ripped it all out that night.

I know that factory installed cell phone antennas are much better than when you put them on yourself.

dnyce617 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I have a short (maybe 14") polished billet one on my truck, have not had any reception problems.

2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 2004 and I don't have an antenna on my hood.

joshuap is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

I have a 2004 and do have an antenna...isn't that weird. My antenna has a normal center metal cyliner (like any not retracting antenna) and then a wire that wraps around cylinder from the bottom to the top in a spiral design...almost liek 2 seperate antennas as one...

Do you have navigation? How many black antennas do you have on the roof?

Yep Nav and XM, and 2 on the roof.

2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by joshuap
    I have a 2004 and do have an antenna...isn't that weird. My antenna has a normal center metal cyliner (like any not retracting antenna) and then a wire that wraps around cylinder from the bottom to the top in a spiral design...almost liek 2 seperate antennas as one...

Do you have any pics? I have never seen a 2004 Escalade with an antenna on the hood.

PistolPreeth is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I had a 2003 with no antenna except a small black rubber one on the roof and also have a 2004 with 2 small black rubber ones on the roof (one for XM and one for Nav/Onstar). I have never ever seen an Escalade with a antenna on the hood

Is there a way to upload the pictures to a database here or something? I took pictures, although it was humid and the lense kept fogging. Or, I can send them to someone if they wish to post them.

Sorry, but my question about do you have nav and xm was directed to 2004. joshuap, you have the same things i have.

18. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.