Fuel filter replacement on 02 escalade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Fuel filter replacement on 02 escalade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; can anyone tell me where the fuel filter is located on a 02 awd 6.0 escalade...
    DEZO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

Fuel filter replacement on 02 escalade

can anyone tell me where the fuel filter is located on a 02 awd 6.0 escalade

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pcguy760 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 02 Diamond White Pearl Escalade - Sold 10/11

Lightbulb Re: Fuel filter replacement on 02 escalade

It is located under the vehicle right below the driver side door, right next to the ABS Module / EBCM Module. You can't miss it! MAKE SURE you take extra precautions when attempting to do this or thoroughly know what you are doing. There is no oops when it comes to working with gas lol unless its the kinda gas from your a** hahahaha. Yeah I need to go sleep I know I know lol.

DEZO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

Re: Fuel filter replacement on 02 escalade

Thanks

No Problem and Good Luck!

sk7
    sk7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade AWD

Here is what you are looking for:

Nut on fuel line is 5/8, nut on filter is 20mm, 13mm braket that holds the filter. Very easy job to do, I waited overnight to replace just to make sure there was no more pressure. Just a few drops every seconds after the initial dump from the filter itself.

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

I just bought mine the other day... gunna install it one of these days.... what should i use to stop the fuel from leaking everywhere? how should i stop it? or you guys just change it really quick with minimal spillage?

sk7

Fuel leakage was really not that bad, I had a huge pan setup under just in case, Id say no more than 100ml got out, than just a few drop kept coming out of the line as I was putting the new filter on. Just be carefull not to get that stuff in your eye! Had that happen to me once on a leaky gaz tank, not a fun moment! Very easy to do, not even hard enough to justify a 6 pack for a job well done!

Thanks! funny how i have to think about 100ml for a second and realized its not that much.... we dont use liters too often as measurements in the states!

I do body and paint work for a living and was cleaning my spray gun out once and shot laquer thinner into my eye... burned for a good 3-4 hours and was reddddd as all hell!

sk7

Sorry about the ml quantity, the lowest quantity I know of in SAE is quarts (too much), and somehow saying about a cup of gaz didnt sound too good!

After that gaz in the eye incident I got myself a cheap eyewash station with a squeezeble bottle in case of emergency. Sure beats running blind from the garage to the house!

aye, quick lesson

2 cups in a pint
    2 pints in a quart
    4 quarts in a gallon

1 cup - 8oz
    1 pint - 16oz

hopefully you can school me on liters and milliliters one day! and i just realized you guys use grams and kilograms, not ounces! dont worry though, i'll admit that the states are the weirdos, apparently were the only ones who use that system.

i do like metric size tools though....easy to tell the order.... once u get into 5/16, 3/8, and 1/2" wrenches its like WTF?!?! at least with metric u can recall size order in a snap!

sk7

Thanxs for the lesson, will keep that in mind when using this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by sk7 View Post
    Sorry about the ml quantity, the lowest quantity I know of in SAE is quarts (too much), and somehow saying about a cup of gaz didnt sound too good!

After that gaz in the eye incident I got myself a cheap eyewash station with a squeezeble bottle in case of emergency. Sure beats running blind from the garage to the house!
    Also, use some good safety glasses when under there cos rust flakes, etc. can fall into your eye and you DEFINATELY DO NOT WANT A CORNEA ABRASION!!! Those things hurt like a MOTHERF***** x 10 I kid you not!!! I had one from being careless and not using safety glasses - the worse pain I ever had in my life!!!

digitalcaddie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '02 Escalade

A couple small tips to help with this job. Pull the fuel pump relay under the hood and try to start the truck to relieve the pressure in the fuel system. Keep the gas cap on so that air can't get in the tank which will allow gas to flow/drip out the open line (although I don't think this is that critical since I don't believe gas can easily flow through a disabled fuel pump). I changed mine while parked out on the driveway rather than in the garage so the fumes had no chance to collect. If you don't own a pair of safety glasses, this job is a good excuse to buy a pair. As others have said, this job is not that hard. I did mine over my lunch break.

kihon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Just installed mine in a matter 20 mins. My 2003 EXT has 58k on it and started running rough and last night, wouldn't start.

I removed the fuel pump relay from the relay box, then tried to start the truck. It started, then died, obviously with no fuel pump operating. Then I cracked the lines leading to the filter free, but leaving them finger tight. The line leading from the filter to the engine is on a flexible line and can be bent out of the way,. After removing the lines, you just slide the fuel filter forward through the bracket and out. I had to kind of leverage it out, but it slid out. One thing I wanted to mention is that removing the bracket mounting bolts is unnecessary, especially since the top bolt is very hard to get back ink if you removed it. So, don't remove the top bolt! I had about 1/4 cup of fuel come out and boy was it BLACK. So, I really needed to change this fuel filter.

ESV_Platinum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum

Hey guys,

could anyone point me in the right direction as to where to acquire a fuel filter for a 2004 Escalade ESV?

Or perhaps a part number? I have called multiple locations with no avail.

Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.