Help Quick!!! Really Quick Question On Torsion Keys!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Help Quick!!! Really Quick Question On Torsion Keys!!! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey guys, We are about to install a lowering kit on the Escy, and I was wondering, when we get ...
    Blue Devil is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Arrow Help Quick!!! Really Quick Question On Torsion Keys!!!

Hey guys,

We are about to install a lowering kit on the Escy, and I was wondering, when we get the truck off the ground, what are we looking for???

Where are the keys located, and what do they look like? Also, do you loosen them or tighten them to lower the vehicle?

I hope someone can help me locate the keys ASAP, as we would loike to start the job any minute!!!!

Thanks in advance for you quick help!!!!

TJ

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Blue Devil is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Help Quick!!! Really Quick Question On Torsion Keys!!!

nm, I got it!

Looks GOOOOOOOD!!!!

alexWS6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

pics

TwEnTy4InChEsTrOnG is offline Cadillac Owners Member

post pics...also what drop is it? mc gaughys 2/3?

DancingPaul is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The keys ar located inside the bar that stretches from on side of the frame to the other. The bar is located just rear of the driver door. There will be a bolt holding up the key that you can turn to slightly add or lower height. The keys look like circles with triangles attatched to them. The torsion bars that go towards the front control arms are inside these circles. You will be replacing these keys with ones that are indexed differently so that the tosrion bars will be turned to make the control arms different heights, but without sacrificing the actual torsion on the bars to keep the ride as close as possible. The torson bars have to be romoved to install the new keys, which, from what I can tell, means that you are taking apart the control arm and suspension as well. I have a solid amount of mechanical experience, but I am choosing to wait because it seems like too much of an undertaking for me to handle in my garage. A lift would probably be of great help. After the new keys will be installed you have to make sure the leveling bolts are accurate to a miliimeter, becuase you will be out of alignment or see abnormal wear on one of the tires.

Just my $.02

P.S. The custom car place here in chicago quoted me 3 hours @ 85 an hour for the install, including the rear shackles installed as well. Might be worth it to get it pro. done

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I changed my "keys" to lift my truck up to the same height as the rear, while I could have done it at my house, I am glad I used my friends shop, a lift made the job so much easier.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.