Anybody Notice Ride Difference With 22/24 inch rims?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Anybody Notice Ride Difference With 22/24 inch rims? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I was thinking about getting 24's but i heard that the ride difference is extremely different compared to the 22's. ...
    805forlife is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Exclamation Anybody Notice Ride Difference With 22/24 inch rims?

I was thinking about getting 24's but i heard that the ride difference is extremely different compared to the 22's. I feel that the ride is important to me and I realize I willl lose some of the ride on the 22's but I don't wanna feel like im riding in a truck if I get the 24's. Anyone have any experience? Also I was wondering if anybody knew of a cheap place to get Lexani Krystals Rims. I was quoted $2800 for 22's which is a fair price and $4500 for 24's. I am not too sure about the prices so if you guys would help I'd appreciate it. Also, I want to chrome my tow hooks and I am not sure where to get this done. I have heard quotes of $80 a towhook and that sounds ridiculous. Please let me know if you guys have any ideas.

Thanx
    Sean

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

onbagz2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Anybody Notice Ride Difference With 22/24 inch rims?

i ride on 24's on the escalade and 26's on the ext and i think it rides very good alot of people just say it doesn't but there WRONG...

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Your ride will be harsher than with the stock wheels for sure, some poeple do not mind the ride difference, it also depends on where you drive and the shape of the roads that you drive on as to how harsh your ride will be.

ItsAdam1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I got my tow hooks chromed at the local chome shop it was $80.00 a pair..

I rolling 22's right now and the ride is very comfortable, a bit firmer but not bone jarring. To me if you want a great look and a good ride stick with the 22's

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Be careful of cheap chrome parts, on the GM truck board some people have reported their chrome tow hooks rusted in a few months

dnyce617 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I really don't feel any difference riding 22's, bigger might be different. I was planning on 24's but I got a great deal on my rims and am pretty glad I did cause I live in pothole central, streets look like a warzone out here. And I bought brand new chrome tow hooks for $140, $80 to get your stock ones stripped, polished and chromed sounds like a pretty good deal.

ctozzi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Esco on 22's

i got 24's it rides very well and would reccommend it if you wanna turn heads, my truck does all day

Quote Originally Posted by ctozzi
    i got 24's it rides very well and would reccommend it if you wanna turn heads, my truck does all day
    i agree

Hetrain is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I wouldnt settle just for 22s, go for the big dog 24s... many people including my self have dreamed of a cadillac with 24d up.

Pifemaster is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have 22" Lexani Krystals with 305/40/VR22 Pirelli Scorpion Zero tires on my '04 AWD Escalade. I was worried about deminished ride quality also. but I can hardly notice a difference between the 22's and stock. I Paid $3980.00 mounted, balanced, with lugs & locks and deliverd. (This of course did include the tires). I'm not sure what they would charge just for the wheels and since this is my first post to the forum, I am not sure if I am allowed to post where I purchased them. If you send me an e-mail, I will gladly reply with their contact details.

Just a side note: absolutly no rubbing, or other negatives with the above tire & wheel combo on the AWD.

Thanks,
    Bob

I ride on 26'' on my EXT and have no RUB and NO stiff ride...
    I SAY GO FOR 24'' OR 26'' you will regret it IF you get the little 22's

WhiteDiamond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

What's so funny is the people who say go bigger because you will look so much better. If your someone like me who lives and travels to places where 24 and 26 inch rims are like rolling on the metal itself it doesn't seem like the best thing to do. Sometimes you have to give up turning heads to something which is more practical and less expensive on the wallet. But when I roll in my Lade I get just as much head turns as the dude with the 24 or 26 inch rims. When they hit that pot hole and have to now ride around for days with the spare on it just doesn't seem like it's worthwhile. I might go to 23's next year but we shall see.

PistolPreeth is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

yeah u def will regret it if u get the little 22s. The 24s are alot hotter and 2 inches dont make much of a difference on such a big big truck

I STILL SAY 24/26'S thats why he "MIGHT" get 23's next year....

WhiteDiamond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Just to make it clear I'm not knocking the dudes with the 24 and 26 inch rims. Man if I lived in Cali or Vegas I would go real big but CT, NJ and especially NY are the worst.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.