Anybody Notice Ride Difference With 22/24 inch rims? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Anybody Notice Ride Difference With 22/24 inch rims? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; ya its cool i live here in NORTHERN CALI more in the hills and mine seems to be fine "SO ...
    onbagz2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Talking Re: Anybody Notice Ride Difference With 22/24 inch rims?

ya its cool i live here in NORTHERN CALI more in the hills and mine seems to be fine "SO FAR". i hope i just didnt jinx myself..

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

Re: Anybody Notice Ride Difference With 22/24 inch rims?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDiamond
    What's so funny is the people who say go bigger because you will look so much better. If your someone like me who lives and travels to places where 24 and 26 inch rims are like rolling on the metal itself it doesn't seem like the best thing to do. Sometimes you have to give up turning heads to something which is more practical and less expensive on the wallet. But when I roll in my Lade I get just as much head turns as the dude with the 24 or 26 inch rims. When they hit that pot hole and have to now ride around for days with the spare on it just doesn't seem like it's worthwhile. I might go to 23's next year but we shall see.
    i agree. i do like the look of the big wheels, but at the same time, i want to have some tire under me. i make a few trips a year to myrtle beach to see my parents and it's over a thousand miles round trip. the last thing i want it to hit a pothole on the way down there and be stuck with the spare. that and the fact that i can't justify spending the money for 26s.

PistolPreeth is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

i live in NJ. and find that the 24inch tires is enough to absorb most potholes. but its like the old idea, just cuz u do have an SUV doesnt mean u should try to traverse over huge piles of snow...same goes with rims. u gotta be EXTRA careful where u go. and also get tires that have sidewalls that come over the rim---this way u can avoid curb rash and bent wheels and bubbles....i have Cooper...i love them

one of my concerns is snow. i work in tech support for a manufacturing plant and it doesn't matter how much snow i have, i have to go to work. i would probably put the stock wheels on in the winter, but then i'm spending 3-5 grand on something i only get to use 7 months a year.

onbagz2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

get a lift kit and put some superswampers on it i think they look good like that to.especially the H2'S LIFTED

nah. i don't like that look. i think it really takes away the 'luxury' look of the caddy. if i was going to do that i would have bought an avalanche.

ALLeyez187onME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

go with 24's if anything, they ride almost as good as 22's but look a lot nicer, and shouldnt be much more, dont go with 26's if you are driving daily long distances, they dont ride much worse than the 24's but tire ware on them is terrible and when turning you will rub almost everytime you try to make a u turn...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.