rollpan for escalade?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, rollpan for escalade? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; does anyone make a rollpan for the new model escalades, or is that something that has to be custom bondoed. ...
    TwEnTy4InChEsTrOnG is offline Cadillac Owners Member

rollpan for escalade?

does anyone make a rollpan for the new model escalades, or is that something that has to be custom bondoed. if someone does make a rollpan i know it would have to be bolted instead of welded because the back/sides of the truck are plastic..if anyone could answer my question that would be appreicated..thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

onbagz2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: rollpan for escalade?

i want to get a roll pan to but i also wanna keep the back up sensors..

TwEnTy4InChEsTrOnG is offline Cadillac Owners Member

for sure

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

i've never seen one and i'm not too sure how it would look. i don't know. i can't picture it looking very good. you'd probably have to get one custom made.

dnyce617 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I believe Street Scene makes a bolt-on urethane one for the Tahoe/Yukon which would fit, but probably wouldn't look very good with the Escalade body molding. It might be good to build off of though, if you were to make a custom one.

outofdablue is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Dnyce is right, they only make them for the Tahoe/Yukon. The side molding would be different and you would have to get that modified. You probably would have to have someone fabricate the Tahoe one and fiberglass the ends to they would go with the side moldings. Not a very hard thing to do if its a good body shop. I had a 2000 Denali (Escalade) and had a custom fabricated roll pan from a Yukon model. The look is very clean but the headache of parking is not worth it. Mine was molded in with fiberglass and there was no give to the rollpan. So everytime someone would "tap" my rollpan it would begin to crack on the sides where it was molded. I had to get it done 3 times before I sold the truck. Not worth it at all.

i know the feeling. i had a fiberglass custom body kit on my old car and all the seams were molded. it was a real pain because i had to be so careful with it. it's nice to have a good solid bumper. especially one that sits high enough no one will want to hit you.

T-Dizzy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade EXT 'V', 2006 CTS Sport

I've been seeking a roll pan for my '03 EXT since I got it. I used to have a '92 GMC StepSide, and you just can find aftermarket for the EXT because of the radical difference in potential customers.

Not sure if anyone's spied the lime green 'Hot Wheels' Avalanche that's been promo'd on Truckin', etc. but it had a roll pan that was custom fabricated.

I scoped out my EXT and I'd need to remove the spare tire & mount, as well as remove or relocate the towing hitch in order to make room to custom roll a span of sheet metal for a roll pan. Here's the kicker - the frame sticks out about an inch past the fender/bed profile, so that would need to be sliced off to make it flush.

My brother's pretty handy with a press, so we may grab some flat stock and give this project a whirl, complete with remounting the rear parking-assist sensors.

I'll keep you posted!

do you have any pics of that avalanche?? i just can't picture this looking very good.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.