Center console paint peeling!!! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Center console paint peeling!!! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I'm very pissed off !!!! I took my Mr. Lucky (2000 Black Lade) for a detail at Caddy dealer. They ...
    Xrayqueen is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Angry Re: Center console paint peeling!!!

I'm very pissed off !!!! I took my Mr. Lucky (2000 Black Lade) for a detail at Caddy dealer. They did a horrible job. The general manager told me to take it to my detailer of choice and they would pick up the bill. I took it today to be detailed somewhere else and low and behold whatever they half assed cleaned the carpet with made the bottom of my console start to peel Has anyone had this peeling issue resolved ??? I know most people wouldn't notice it but I'm very picky I alerted Caddilac so they know I'll be on the prowl next week for them to get it straight
    Thanks for listening to me vent
    Peace

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

Re: Center console paint peeling!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xrayqueen
    I'm very pissed off !!!! I took my Mr. Lucky (2000 Black Lade) for a detail at Caddy dealer. They did a horrible job. The general manager told me to take it to my detailer of choice and they would pick up the bill. I took it today to be detailed somewhere else and low and behold whatever they half assed cleaned the carpet with made the bottom of my console start to peel Has anyone had this peeling issue resolved ??? I know most people wouldn't notice it but I'm very picky I alerted Caddilac so they know I'll be on the prowl next week for them to get it straight
    Thanks for listening to me vent
    Peace
    good luck. hopefully they won't push the blame on the detailer.

Cool Re: Center console paint peeling!!!

Hi Tdogg, The Caddy dealership was the one who did the deed I took it back today. They are going to redye entire console and do I hope a better detail then last week. I told them I expect it to be perfect. The General Manager also told me if I still was not happy with Caddy's repeat detailing I can still take it somewhere else and they will pay the bill. So send up a Hail Mary for me I'll post the ending results.
    Peace

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

that's cool. good luck and it sounds like everything is goign to work out right.

JASP is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Ok so far my service dept. has been really good on some things that I need done. First one of my pieces were warped near the windsheild and I got that replaced. Then my nav/Radio gave me a weird message that the radio has exceeded the temp and would shut down this happened 3 times and within a week my buttons started to peel. The Tech didn't seem to know anything about it. I got a whole new unit. Now I noticed a place on my steer wheel center that the color looks like it's rubbing off along with the door handle on the driver's side. This Truck was brand new and only has 10,000 miles on this. This will be something that I bring up with the focus group. Along with the Dealship and ask why this is happening? Sami

Kappa-Lac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

This coating is a type of "rubberized" coating that is peeling. I have been told that if you use Armor-all or some type of equivalent, over time, the armor-all will begin to eat through the coating. This will cause the peeling and flaking some are seeing. I had a 02 lade and this started happening right when I was about to sell it.

Talking Re: Center console paint peeling!!!

Hi everybody !!! Happy Friday I picked up Mr. Lucky today from the Caddy dealer They did a wonderful job redyeing console. They also did an out of this world detailing So I'm a happy gal. I'm glad my complaints were taken seriously. So if anyone else is having the peeling console issue Lou Ehler's Caddilac get's an A+ in rectifying customer complaints. Even though they have had my truck more than I due to problems that should have been checked before the truck was sold. They have always treated me like a queen they have taken care of every problem. No attitude which is rare these days.
    Peace

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.