license plate cover
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, license plate cover in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi. I bought my new ext about two weeks ago and I just now noticed that it doesn't have a ...
    om542 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

license plate cover

Hi. I bought my new ext about two weeks ago and I just now noticed that it doesn't have a plastic cover in the front license plate holder. When we bought the car, it had a dealer linse plate and I think they took it off and kept it. All the escalades I see on the roads have covers matching the body paint. Should my car have come with one? Thanx.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

Re: license plate cover

mine has one.

outofdablue is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

All of them come with a color match cover.

Thanks alot for the info. I am going to call mt dealer right now and tell him to get me one. It makes the front of the car look smoother.

i don't understand why they would take it off. if you take it off for a dealer plate, why wouldn't you just leave the dealer plate on??

CAD-E! is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Escalade (sold)

yeah it should come with it. the dealer i bought mines from left it on. i went to another dealer and they had the covers off but they were leaving them inside the back of the car.

the dealer took it off to put the dealer tag on and must have kept it. I think the car looks better with the plastic cover on so i will cover up the dealer tag with the cover.

dirty-red is offline Cadillac Owners Member

my ext doen not have one either, if my dealer does not have one where can i get one.

the dealer should have one. they might give it to you if you tell them it was never there. go in and ask them if it's suppose to have a front cover because you've seen escalades with one and yours doesn't. then they might give you one. if not check gmpartsdirect.com

when did you buy your ext? If it wasn't very long ago, then you can force them to give you one. Go there and yell at them if you have to.You paid for the cover when you bought the car

dirty-red is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i bought my ext sept 03, i will go to the dealer tomorrow and see what they tell me

Sept 03. that was a whle ago. I'm not sure if they will cooperate with you. Anyway I just got mine yesterday from the dealer. They sent it next day delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-red
    i bought my ext sept 03, i will go to the dealer tomorrow and see what they tell me
    just go in and ask if it's suppose to have a front plate. act like you don't know and tell them you've seen a couple with it and you were wondering why your's didn't have it.

if for some reason the dealer refuses to give you one or can't find one, go to a local body shop and ask them to look for one in their database. Some body shops have a system where they can find perfect pieces in junkyards. My friend had his cadillac emblem in the front of his escalade stolen and a local body shop found one for him that was perfect(the back end of the escalade was smashed) for really cheap.

C Unit is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I bought my Escalade Aug 03 and bought the license plate cover from Ebay for 15 bucks - Problem is I don't know which screws/bolts fit best...Can anybody tell me which bolts I should use? Size/Style? Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.