Temperature Is Running High And Air Conditioner Is Blowing Cool Air But Not Cold
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Temperature Is Running High And Air Conditioner Is Blowing Cool Air But Not Cold in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Help!!!!!!...
    PACMANEJ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Temperature Is Running High And Air Conditioner Is Blowing Cool Air But Not Cold

Help!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

joshuap is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

Re: Temperature Is Running High And Air Conditioner Is Blowing Cool Air But Not Cold

If you are speaking about the temp guage in the mirror, apparently Cadillac does not care. My father's is often off up to 9-10 degrees and Cadillac says it is working in proper specs to be off 10 degrees. My father bitched and told them that they are just waiting for a lawsuit when the gauge reads 41, and it is really 31 out...He told them not even to put the damn thing in if it is that much off...

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Temperature Is Running High And Air Conditioner Is Blowing Cool Air But Not Cold

In the summer time if your sitting in traffic your temp will read higher, the sensor is next to the radiator, but when moving it should read pretty close to the right temp.

joshuap is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

Nope, this is while driving at 65 mph! We have seen several temperature signs, which show the temp to be consistently high. My truck does the same thing. I could understand if we were sitting still, but that just isn't the case.

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

i wouldn't always believe the temp. signs on places like banks. they're never right. mine is pretty close to always right on.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

TD is correct, we have 2 banks with temp display, believe it or not they are usually 8 degrees apart in what they display. You might want to check your temp sensor, it is up near the passenger headlight assy, mine had popped out of the hole it sits in and that caused it to have some strange temp readings, it was resting up next to the radiator, and I had a customers car that it was almost dragging on the ground. You have to pull the grill off to see it, and that is only a 5 minute job.

slk230mb is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade

Last summer mine was broken, it was a wet and damp 60* day and the car said 125*, the sensor was shot, and since its been replaced, dead on temps for me.
    ~Steve

Daryl in KY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade

What year is your Lade? My '00 seams to do the same thing, but I don't believe it's the AC. You can get a thermoniter in most larger parts stores to check the air temp coming out of the vents. Normally the AC temp is around 60 degrees when set on Max. When it's hot out and the interior is at 100+ degrees, it takes a while to cool all that leather down.

Sta11ion is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

I Have Had Terrible Experience With My A/c, On Idle It Is Not Cold Sometimes It Works Other Times It Doesnt. It Is Never Cold Enough, I Will Be Bringing It For Service For The Second Time At Royfoss.in Toronto

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

so far mine has worked like a champ. i don't use it a lot, but when i have, it works great.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.