starter knock
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, starter knock in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Want to get opinion on this issue. Its under warranty and if it needs to be replaced, better now. lol ...
    oldworld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalde, 2007 DTS

starter knock

Want to get opinion on this issue. Its under warranty and if it needs to be replaced, better now. lol

When I start my vehicle, at the exact point in time when it starts, I sometimes get a rather loud KNOCK. One knock only right at start. Does not do it al the time, maybe 30%. Is that the starter???
    If so, I don't remember ever hearing that until about the last 5 months or so.

Does the starter have issues? Should it be replaced??

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pcguy760 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 02 Diamond White Pearl Escalade - Sold 10/11

Re: starter knock

Mine does that sometimes and I assume it is the starter solenoid not pulling back the "bendix gear" fast enough. I discovered that sometimes if I crank it fast enough to release the key from the crank position it does not do it but I guess it should not be this way... I do not think it will leave you stranded - it will just make that noise that's all. The only time I would worry is when you get noises and it will not turn the motor or is intermittent.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.