New escalade audio question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, New escalade audio question in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey everyone. Just bought a 2005 Escalade with 20" stock chrome, white diamond with 58k miles on it for 23k. ...
    dcsnowwake is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None yet

New escalade audio question

Hey everyone.
    Just bought a 2005 Escalade with 20" stock chrome, white diamond with 58k miles on it for 23k.
    Love the thing to death, I will be towing a wakeboarding boat with it lots.

My question I have is im going to switch out the stock Nav for an Alpine 203/ or 505. Now is it possible to make the rear entertainment play with the front and over the speakers or vice versa?

also do I need to do anything else other than just swap them out?
    Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

Re: New escalade audio question

Yes its possible. You will have to splice into the factory RSE (rear seat ent.). If you check my threads, someone posted a wiring diagram for the RSE. Good luck!

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by d-dash View Post

As for connecting into the factory RSE, you need to take it down by unscrewing the 3 bolts above where the screen folds up. There is then a push pin that you can just pull down. Then the whole unit can be slid towards the drivers side and can be unplugged and completely removed. After the cable from the truck is unplugged there are still 2 plugs in the back of the dvd player. One goes to the screen and the other goes to the aux input. You want the one that goes to the screen. the dark blue wire in this harness is the video +. Strip the end off of an rca and tap the positive wire into the dark blue one. then connect the negative wire to the chassis of the dvd player. To do this i just slightly unscrewed one of the screws and slid a "U" connector behind it. then just run the rca up to the nav/tv box. I was able to fish the cable from the opening for the dvd player to the drivers door above the head liner. I then took it down the b pillar and along the kick panel up to where i put the nav tool. I really should have taken pictures, but my damn camera doesn't work anymore.
    your welcome

wow, thank you very much!

most double din screens will fit in there correct?
    im def going alpine 505, any mods I need to do to the bezzel?

d-dash is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 Escalade EXT

I am pretty sure that this nav is din and a half. some people have done mods to the bezel to accommodate double din but i am not sure where those threads are.

d-dash is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 Escalade EXT

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.