24's rubbing on front???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 24's rubbing on front??? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Ok so I got my 24's put on and I am glad I just had 'em mounted / balanced and ...
    pcguy760 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 02 Diamond White Pearl Escalade - Sold 10/11

Thumbs up 24's rubbing on front???

Ok so I got my 24's put on and I am glad I just had 'em mounted / balanced and did the actuall install myself because I did not even get out of my driveway after putting 'em on because they were rubbing like crazy on the edge of the front bumper and the wheel-well covers!!
    Wow, do all of you with 24's have this problem?? I actually had to cut off the bottom edge of the bumper on both sides and the cut a big chunk of the wheel well covers too so now it does not rub at all on them and I can finally *almost* make a full turn! Yay!

I got some 315-35-24 tires on their btw, and I really like how they look compared to 305's like I use to having on my other truck. 315's look bada**!! I will be taking some pics shortly...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bstiffmanofsteel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: 24's rubbing on front???

Did you ever take pics of the 315/35/24 tires on your lade?

Hey not yet - been so busy detailing it both inside and outside - it has just been sitting in the garage the past few days. Oh I also tinted the windows 5% black on all besides the front driver and passenger side which is 35% and I really like the way it came out. As you might know, IL weather is very seldom what they forecast but we are suppose to be getting some nice days ahead and I will go take some pics and post it on here within the next few days

bstiffmanofsteel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Supposed to be 80 Friday and Saturday up this end. I am gonna get her waxed Friday. Maybe get down to Wrigleyville...

KrazyKeith is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade

I plan on waxing mine this weekend too. I did my windows and door panels the other day, got the carpets and leather left, I am gonna try the magic eraser method I think, Big ride, takes me some time to get r done, I got a blown discs in my cervical and thoratic so I gotta space everything out, blah!

Them 315's probably look sick though!!!

I have 305's and if I do a FULL wheel crank I get rubbing as well. ONLY if I do a full full wheel turn, I think most of what was rubbing has worn off already.

J-Ridez is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '03 EXT and '04 CTS

315's sound huge, probably are which is why there's rub on the front bumper. I got 305's on my 24"s and only had to cut the inner wheel well. I'm sure you get a better ride than I do though!

Thumbs up Re: 24's rubbing on front???

Yeah it rides very well and is better than I thought it would be. The 315's handle the turns a whole lot better too. Well, I finally had some time to take a quick pic of it! Hope you guys like it as much as I do hehe.

I plan to take more pics maybe over the weekend... hmmm, I never really posted a full pic so I will probably do that too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.