Another Head light fog question - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Another Head light fog question in Cadillac Escalade Forums; That's why you use the rubbing alcohol.It makes the water inside sheet off. I did use filtered fridge water though...lol....
    shore is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Re: Another Head light fog question

That's why you use the rubbing alcohol.It makes the water inside sheet off.

I did use filtered fridge water though...lol.

oldworld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalde, 2007 DTS

Maybe so, but he said not to use the alcohol on plastic....safer to use the white vinegar.
    He also said to use straight distilled water as well and that would work. The vinegar just makes it alittle more effective.

Everyone here seems to have used the alcohol with no problems. That was just his view as he's been cleaning glass and plexiglass for 18 years now.

Anyway, my lenses came out like new, so I am very glad I did it. I am also sort of a clean a holic, so those fogged lights really almost made me lose sleep...lol.....well almost

SQUIRREL MASTER is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

After wet sanding and buffing the exterior with no results really, I attempted this method. At first, just warm distilled water, but could still see the film. Drained, and repeated, but added a capful of alcohol. Drain, repeat, this time, with distilled water, and a little bit of windex. Drained, and now letting them dry, but doesn't look like this method helped much. I can still see a little film (clear) not yellow, but film none the less in some spots. They may look better after drying, but for now, seems like I've wasted an hour of my life...

Also, I didn't have a ballast (non hid), so removal was clear cut and simple. If I still can't see results after they dry, I'm going aftermarket...

Also, since my version is ballast free, what type of bulbs are the best? I want a radiant white look, not the cheesy looking blue... any suggestions?

Was thinking about ordering these, but instead of black housing (which would look super sick on a blk lade), the chrome housing instead...

Anyone running these? If so, how do you like them?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EURO-BLK-DRL...0664%26ps%3D54

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    I don't have projection headlights on my truck but I do have them on my car and LOVE them

I don't like the glare they produce but man the light path is awesome nothing but smooth light from one side of the road to the other

Super sharp cut off prefect for hid or led bulbs

Go for it I think you will enjoy them
    I plan on changing my truck to projection as my passenger side housing is showing uv damage( going to try turtle wax polish first)

Sucks I can't find any reviews on these, but I'm moments away from pulling the trigger on these babies:

http://www.sparktecmotorsports.com/2...tm_content=pla

Any last words from anyone??

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUIRREL MASTER
    Sucks I can't find any reviews on these, but I'm moments away from pulling the trigger on these babies: http://www.sparktecmotorsports.com/2...tm_content=pla Any last words from anyone??
    I would pull the trigger and see if they make me happy if I was you

I did like how the housings did I put in my car

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.