Anyone have stock wheels laying around they can weigh for me?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Anyone have stock wheels laying around they can weigh for me? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; So i'm starting to get serious about racing my Escalade and was thinking about going down to some lighter wheels. ...
    SUX2BU is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Diamond White ESV

Anyone have stock wheels laying around they can weigh for me?

So i'm starting to get serious about racing my Escalade and was thinking about going down to some lighter wheels. Wondering what stock wheels and tires weigh. If you have just the rim that would be even better. Thanx.
    Oh and that means i'll probably be selling my 2007 22" stock wheels soon if anyone is interested.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bstiffmanofsteel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Anyone have stock wheels laying around they can weigh for me?

58 lbs for the stock rims. Keep us posted about the 22s. I for one am interested

Quote Originally Posted by bstiffmanofsteel View Post
    58 lbs for the stock rims. Keep us posted about the 22s. I for one am interested
    Just one 17" rim? that can't be right. thought i read somewhere that tire and rim was like 67.

bstiffmanofsteel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

between 58 and 60 lbs according to the write up
    http://www.ask.com/bar?q=02+escalade...e%2Findex.html

The Lac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I don't know man... Do you really think getting lightweight wheels will really affect the performance.

Trust me when I say I understand the whole power/weight ratio, but at 6600 lbs or so, it's not the same as a 3300 lbs sports car.

They say 100 lbs is worth a tenth in the 1/4, but at our weight, that's not really the case.

I think the cost off the lightweight wheels wouldn't be justified with the minimal performance gains.

Sure it's rotational weight and all, but unless you were considering a lightweight driveshaft, brakes, seats, etc... is it really worth it?

I haven't done any research on our Lac's in regards to weight savings, but I have an 11.326 @ 121.410 ET Mustang, so I have some experience with track results.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lac View Post
    I don't know man... Do you really think getting lightweight wheels will really affect the performance.

Trust me when I say I understand the whole power/weight ratio, but at 6600 lbs or so, it's not the same as a 3300 lbs sports car.

They say 100 lbs is worth a tenth in the 1/4, but at our weight, that's not really the case.

I think the cost off the lightweight wheels wouldn't be justified with the minimal performance gains.

Sure it's rotational weight and all, but unless you were considering a lightweight driveshaft, brakes, seats, etc... is it really worth it?

I haven't done any research on our Lac's in regards to weight savings, but I have an 11.326 @ 121.410 ET Mustang, so I have some experience with track results.
    Yes. It VASTLY improves everything. Braking, handling, accelerating. My 22's weigh in at 90 lbs. and stock 17's weigh in at about 65 lbs. Thats a difference of about 25 lbs per wheel. So you get rid of 100 lbs which you are right isn't a big deal in our heavy ass trucks, but this is 100 lbs of rotational mass. It all has to do with rotational inertia (momentum). But best i can explain it in simple form is imagine turning a 10 lbs cement wheel compared to a 50 lbs wheel. The heavier wheel will take more power to accelerate AND to stop.
    I too know a little about track times. Had a 98 SS with ONLY bolt ons (stock cam, heads, motor) and i was running high 10's in the 1/4. Best 1/8 mile was 6.79 i believe. Wuith only 360 rwhp. All because of taking weight out.
    This mod is actually making me money too. I'm looking to trade my 22's for some stock 17's plus cash. with the extra cash i can buy my cam, sptings and a converter!

Check out this guy. He dropped a full second off his 1/4 mile time by just switching wheels.
    http://performancetrucks.net/forums/...l+change+1%2F4

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

I'm not calling that guy out, but you cant believe everything you see online. And im just wondering, why race an escalade? Why not buy a car thats 1/2 the weight (camaro, mustang, civic, etc) as a second car and screw with that..... i just dont understand why people would want to bring their escalade to the track, but to each his own. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by luxurylife33 View Post
    I'm not calling that guy out, but you cant believe everything you see online. And im just wondering, why race an escalade? Why not buy a car thats 1/2 the weight (camaro, mustang, civic, etc) as a second car and screw with that..... i just dont understand why people would want to bring their escalade to the track, but to each his own. Good luck!
    Been there done that. Here's a vid of my old Camaro.
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...NKRD_34463.htm
    everyone and their mom races a Camaro, Firebird or Mustang. A lot of people around here have started racing late model trucks. My goal is to ba able to romp on 90% of the sport cars i come up to on the street in my big ass Escalade. So for it to run 12's in the 1/4. I just want to be different.

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

ever see that 12 sec escalade on you tube? looks like the only way to get it that fast is to dump a SC kit in there. Post pics and results

I've been modding these LSx motors for 10 years so i know what to believe and what not to believe. the guy also went down in tire diameter so it's like he went up a ger ratio in the rear end. Plus he got a much better 60' with the different tires so that acounts for a lot of the drop too. i'm not expecting a whole second going back to the 17's, probably 1/2 a second in the 1/4 which should be about 3/10's in the 1/8 or so.

ever see that 12 sec escalade on you tube? looks like the only way to get it that fast is to dump a SC kit in there. Post pics and results
    Yeah, but i'm gonna do everything i can before going FI.

pcguy760 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 02 Diamond White Pearl Escalade - Sold 10/11

Cool Re: Anyone have stock wheels laying around they can weigh for me?

I TOTALLY agree with the above statement because this is exactly what i have done and I am happy I did I basically cruise in my 'Lade and basically beat the crap (on sunny most days) out of my approx. 350Whp turbo Civic because I KNOW 1. The parts are cheap, 2. I have built this car so I know anything and everything about it, 3. If it ever broke it would be in my garage with no expensive mechanic costs. I like my idea and not saying you should get a Honda lol, get whatever you wish and take it from there...

I just cannot see the point in turning the Escalade into a 1/4 Mile vehicle or a speedster but that's just my opinion so don't take it the wrong way

Quote Originally Posted by pcguy760 View Post
    I TOTALLY agree with the above statement because this is exactly what i have done and I am happy I did I basically cruise in my 'Lade and basically beat the crap (on sunny most days) out of my approx. 350Whp turbo Civic because I KNOW 1. The parts are cheap, 2. I have built this car so I know anything and everything about it, 3. If it ever broke it would be in my garage with no expensive mechanic costs. I like my idea and not saying you should get a Honda lol, get whatever you wish and take it from there...

I just cannot see the point in turning the Escalade into a 1/4 Mile vehicle or a speedster but that's just my opinion so don't take it the wrong way
    Parts are cheap for the escalade too (well for me atleast)
    I know everything about my truck. Have built many race cars and worked on lots of trucks.
    I work on these vehicles as a side job so no mechanic costs here either.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.