Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  invincible569 
#1 ·
I just came back from test-driving an ESV Platinum edition and an AWD Escalade. I especially liked the cooled seats on the ESV. The ESV had a smoother ride, even with its 20" wheels. The smaller Escalade was nice too.

I have a Lexus RX330 now. I really don't need anything bigger. But....;)

Anyone switch from a Lexus?

#4 ·
The Platinum edition also has "everything" standard--heated & cooled seats and cupholders in the first and second row. Standard are also the navigation system and DVD player in the second and third row. For $70K it should have all the "goodies.":bighead:

#7 ·
Ormond said:
I just came back from test-driving an ESV Platinum edition and an AWD Escalade. I especially liked the cooled seats on the ESV. The ESV had a smoother ride, even with its 20" wheels. The smaller Escalade was nice too.

I have a Lexus RX330 now. I really don't need anything bigger. But....;)

Anyone switch from a Lexus?

Hi, I switched from a 2000 Land Cruiser to the 2002 Escalade. Not a Lexus...wait, yes it is, it's the LX470 w/o the inflated sticker price and the great service.

#8 ·
I have a 2002 RX300 Lexus and just bought a 2004 Escalade...absolutely love it. Was going to trade the Lexus but they didn't quite meet what I needed to get so have it advertised at wholesale basically just to get out of that payment. It takes some getting used to driving such a big vehicle compared to the Lexus but it's definitely a step up.

#14 ·
Re: ESV Platinum Made in Mexico

Ormond said:
One thing that I didn't like about the Caddy, is its lack of airbags. Only two?

I also noticed that the final assembly plant is in Mexico! What's up with that?:hmm:
Hey now. stop spreading bad rumors! ;) The Escalade has side air bags too. You can see the demo on cadillac.com

As for it being built in Mexico... there's tons of things that are build internationaly. Look at Nike, they build their shoes in China. Hewlett Packard (computers/servers) also has theirs in China. There are also some top designer fashion labels that "assemble" their clothes in Mexico. The labor is cheaper, but that doesnt mean that they will not pass quality tests. Thats what warranty is for anyways! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.