Can This Be Settled Please
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Can This Be Settled Please in Cadillac Escalade Forums; There are a ton of threads regarding HID highbeams and fog lights for Escalades. Everyone has different wattage and specs ...
    Bots12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Can This Be Settled Please

There are a ton of threads regarding HID highbeams and fog lights for Escalades. Everyone has different wattage and specs for the kits. Can we get a soild answer and correct information for high beam and fog light upgrade to HID. Not the start brite, or blue lights, or anything like that but factory match HID lights. Help me out. Thanks, MATT

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Can This Be Settled Please

The factory HID lights are 4200K , I have made my fogs HID's, I use a 4200K bulb to match the headlights, I added HID's to my high beams as well, my high beams are 5000K, the company I purchased them from sent them, they are a slightly different color than the low beams, I like that, and being the company I purchased them from HID4LESS is no longer in business I will keep them. You can get them pretty closed to match if you stay around 4200K to 4300K.

Are your fog lights the same as your factory HIDs? If they are out of bussiness where can I get both fog lights and high beams and how much is reasonable to pay? Thanks for you last post.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

They use different bulbs (stock low beams are DS1, my fogs are H1), but they are the same color 4200K. I made my HID fogs with parts from HID4LESS. I have purchased bulbs and parts from this company, you may want to contact them. http://www.hyperlights.com/

Thanks for your help. I am glad you finally settled this for me.

PistolPreeth is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

can you disclose how much it would cost if you sent us an HID mechanism that would fit in our Escalade Fog Light housing area

Lade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Hcvone,
    I remeber in an old post you said you first used sylvania silver star 880 st fogs which is a more cost effective upgrade; Do you still recommend them for a 02? I have PIAA Xtreme Force 9006 lows and they are working out just fine for me at 4700k. This isn't my "daily driver" and I really just wanted no yellow-they(PIAA) achieved that tastefully, but the stock fogs have to go.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.