99 escalade drop?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 99 escalade drop? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I want to drop my 99 escalade but here in Hawaii they say they have never heard of Mcgaughy's and ...
    CADI05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

99 escalade drop?

I want to drop my 99 escalade but here in Hawaii they say they have never heard of Mcgaughy's and the only kit is deltech...the ride maybe smooth in the back but the front is rough due to the torsion adjustment? not quite sure about all this...I am looking at a price of $1600+. (kit,shocks,alignment,labor). Is this the going rate?
    I have been reading about all your drop success...can you give me some advice..

Aloha

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

99 SKALAID is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 99 escalade drop?

Quote Originally Posted by CADI05
    I want to drop my 99 escalade but here in Hawaii they say they have never heard of Mcgaughy's and the only kit is deltech...the ride maybe smooth in the back but the front is rough due to the torsion adjustment? not quite sure about all this...I am looking at a price of $1600+. (kit,shocks,alignment,labor). Is this the going rate?
    I have been reading about all your drop success...can you give me some advice..

Aloha
    i have a 99 and i have mine lowered by about 3 inches or so... with 23's and it looks schweet

in the rear i lowered it will a belltech shackle
    the front i lowered by losening the front torsion bars
    i installed KYB monomax shocks in all 4 corners
    i also installed air bags in the rear for when i tow, i can level it out.

CADI05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

How much did your drop cost you? did you have an exhaust system? they say the exhaust could cause a problem with a belltech kit...is your ride really stiff?

99 SKALAID is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CADI05
    How much did your drop cost you? did you have an exhaust system? they say the exhaust could cause a problem with a belltech kit...is your ride really stiff?
    the drop itself costed me about 60 bucks.. just for the shackles.

the air bags were 250

the shocks were about 400.

it rides 100% the same as before

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.