Cadillac ext soon to be owner
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Cadillac ext soon to be owner in Cadillac Escalade Forums; ...
    Real-estate is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cadillac ext soon to be owner

First I'd like to say hello. I am new to the forum (obviously). I am in the
    United States Marine Corps currently serving in Okinawa, Japan in support of the War on terrorism. I am very impressed with this Cadillac forum. The networking alone has convinced me that my next vehicle will be the Cadillac ext. I would like to ask several questions in reference to the Cadillac ext.
    1. Does anyone have any insight on when Cadillac will change the body style of the ext? I leave Okinawa the summer of 06 and don't want to buy an 06 if the body style is going to change in 07.

2. I intend on setting the ext off right by having a set of 24' wheels mounted on this behemoth.... Iíve heard that this size wheel has an effect on braking and other key components. Is this true???

3. I'd like to see the ext with Captain chairs in the rear..... is this feasible from anyone's prospective.

Preciate cha

Real-estate

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

Re: Cadillac ext soon to be owner

welcome and you will be happy with an EXT. i know i am with mine. i heard the redesign is suppose to be in '06 so you might be in luck.

PistolPreeth is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I'd like to personally thank you for serving our country overseas. People like you should be the ones paid millions, not people like Kevin Garnett.

To answer your questions
    the new body style is to be changed in model year 06, meaning summer of 05 we should be seeing some upgrades done to the car(supposedly the Escalade V--a V10 600hp supercharged SUV). in the summer of 06, is when the body style should change

2. i have 24 inch wheels on and the braking is effected but nothing too drastic. u just gotta be more careful when u drive---thats always a good thing

3. The EXT with captains chairs in the back wouldnt work since the flat bed area would rise aobve the Captain chairs when folded down---the EXT is a really nice pick up truck...not a SUV

Good luck and welcome to the board

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

the captain's chairs would look really slick, if you did the rest of the interior right. but like pistol said, the midgate wouldn't work right.

Real-estate is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Pistol and T-Dogg, thanks for the feedback. I did some preliminary research on the 06 Escalade and found that Edmons.com offered the information below which I cut and paste. Pretty much, Edmonds.com pretty much echoed what Pistol was saying.

Q: Pistol, where did you get your information in reference to when the body style would change on the Escalade? Please forward when you have an opportunity??
    Q: Pistol, if I were to drag a boat or something realitively heavy, what impact do you think having the 24' inch wheels on your ext will have on the braking system??

Lastly, if any of you are ever in Japan, make sure you holla at cha boy.
    090-6861-4861

Preview
    What Edmunds.com Says: There's nothing more difficult than following up a surprise hit, but if Cadillac can do it twice in a row the Escalade could go down as one of the most popular SUVs ever.

What We Know: It's hard to believe that the current Escalade is already due for a redesign, but when style is one of your main selling points you can't afford to get stale. Cadillac is currently readying an all-new Escalade that will debut sometime late next year or in early 2007 and we don't expect that it will lose any of the style that made it such a surprise hit. Although there doesn't seem to be much room for improvement when it comes to power, the big news could come in the way of the V-Series performance edition that will offer V12 power.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.