These Are Trucks!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, These Are Trucks! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Contrary to what Shaq or any of the rappers might have you believing, Escalades are trucks. I hate what these ...
    Bots12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

These Are Trucks!

Contrary to what Shaq or any of the rappers might have you believing, Escalades are trucks. I hate what these guys/girls are making them into (Not saying that their trucks don't look outstanding). It is just not my style to get a truck and lower it so there is no ground clearance, and put delicate parts on the exterior. I will do that to a car because it looks good and fits a car. But for my truck I want it raised with a deep loud exhaust on it, but a luxurious interior. But that is just my personal opinion, I am not taking away from anyone elses style because just like there are different tastes in music there are different tastes in modifying trucks. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has actually raised their Escalade and how it changed the ride, and what tires you put on it, because I have not gotten around to get it raised yet so let me know. Thanks,
    MATT

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

slimm44 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: These Are Trucks!

i'm lifting mine. i've got the 10-12" Cognito Motorsports suspension lift in my garage right now. just waiting for my 37" Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radials mounted on 17" Eagle 102's to get here.

but i think trucks/SUV's look great lowered and bagged too.

I agree if it is done correctly it looks great but i just feel it takes away from the "Truck". when you get that kit on make sure you throw some pictures my way it sounds amazing.

onbagz2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

ya i wanna see it lifted i was goin to lift it but i put the 26's on it just looks to good

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

i saw pics of one lifted and it didn't look to great. if you're going to lift it like that, why not just get a yukon denali. part of the cadillac is it's smooth luxurious ride. by raising it, you take away that style.

That is a good point. I personally was not looking to raise it up that high, I was thinking just a 5" total lift. I refuse to sacrifice safty, luxury or stability.

me either. that's why i'm going to stick with the stock height. i want to be able to go to a nice restaurant or something with my girlfriend and not look 'out of place'. if you do it right, you can modify your truck and not make it stand out so much it doesn't look right some places.

joshuap is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

I am sorry but I don't classify my EXT as a truck, it is an SUV. It does not have the characteristics or abilities of a truck. I had a Hummer (H1) prior to my EXT, and that was a true truck. I have played with the EXT up in Montreal during the winter, and the 4-wheel drive, and stability system are really junk. The 4-wheel drive is only good for soccer moms who might take their truck on some slippery grass/mud. The vehicle wasn't designed as a true truck, but as a sport utility vehicle that has great functionaility on road, but leaves much to be desired off road, or in harsh conditions.

You are 100% correct. I said it wrong. I meant to address the issue of modifying a SUV like you would a small car. I appologize for my misuse of the word "Truck". Take it easy.

joshuap is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

No offense taken, I was just posting my opinion...that's the problem with the net people can't use body language and subtle lingual tones that confers important aspects within in a conversation

Yea I know i was just screwing around. It is funny though how you have no idea what tone or in what way people mean things when it is typed.

i would say my EXT is more truck than most all of the pick-up trucks that out there. so i would consider it to be a truck. if you've ever tried to haul stuff in an SUV and then hauled stuff in an EXT, you'll definitely see a difference.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Am I wrong to think MOST people who buy a Cadillac with awd don't think of it, or use it like a truck. Their awd system isn't meant to go rock crawling or trudging through deep mud. It would be a big adjustment going from an H1 (the most capable off road production vehicle made) to an ext, no comparison in off roading ability. I don't think many people would compare the comfort of the ext interior with the H1....apples and oranges.

Personally, if I'm doing any off roading I want an old Jeep CJ, Ford Bronco (70's), or International Scout. Something I don't have to worry about dinging or scratching up. I hate even having dust on my Lade!!

slimm44 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by T_Dogg8
    i saw pics of one lifted and it didn't look to great. if you're going to lift it like that, why not just get a yukon denali. part of the cadillac is it's smooth luxurious ride. by raising it, you take away that style.
    why not get a denali?? because they're the exact same thing minus grille, interior, and badges for the 99-00 models!! they have the exact same "smooth luxurious ride" as an OBS tahoe. :rolleyes2

i have an '02, so it's a little different. what i was saying, is an escalade has the 'class' of a luxury car. when you raise it up a bunch and put big tires on it, you take that away, IMO.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.