window squeak
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, window squeak in Cadillac Escalade Forums; my passenger side mirror squeaks loudly when for the first 1/4 of an inch when putting it down. is this ...
    T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

window squeak

my passenger side mirror squeaks loudly when for the first 1/4 of an inch when putting it down. is this anything to be worried about and should i have the dealer take care of it (under warranty) or should i just take care of it myself??

also, as soon as i put the window down, it streaks and gets dirty. is there an easy way to clean that??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bots12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: window squeak

I have the exact same problem and it sometimes gets to the point were the window gets stuck. I took my truck to the dealer and he lubed the window track...This did nothing but make my window very dirty. He told me it is the tint and the guy who did my tint screwed up. The flaw to his argument is that the same guy did both of my front windows and the passenger side is smooth as can be, no noise and not streaks. Whats going on?

dirty-red is offline Cadillac Owners Member

mine does the same thing sometimes on my driver side, it is not everytime i let the window down though.

well this sucks. i was thinking it was just going to be something easy, but know it's sounding bigger. i don't have my windows tinted so that's not the problem. i was thinking it was just something needed greased.

WhiteDiamond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

My driver's side does the same thing but this was happening long before I got my tint done.

Dont bother trying to oil/grease the window track that did nothing. I also have noticed the molding, on the outside of the window, on the bottom, is loose. So much that it slides back and forth, enough to make a quater of an inch of it go under the side mirror. This is still only on my drivers side window.

outofdablue is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

My passenger side window also squeaks. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet but i have read past posts and some say it might be the regulator. Once i go to the dealer i will post.

ok...let me know what you come up with. i have to take my truck in about something else and i'll probably have them take a look at that also.

Let me know if they figure out what the issue is because I am at the point where I open my door to talk to people because I am so sick of the sound.

Has anyone figured out what is causing the squeek? I think i am going to open up the door pannel and see what up because i am at a loss for ideas here.

Real-estate is offline Cadillac Owners Member

For those of you who have resonded to this thread, I'd like to know the year model of each of your EXT's. This will give a range of year model the window squeak covers. Additionally, have anyone noticed a recall from GM on the vehicle for this problem?????......sounds very anoying. I

I have an '04 Escalade not an EXT and there is no re call on this i checked today on the highway safty web site.

dirty-red is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i have an 03 ext, like i said it is not squeaking everytime i let the window down

'02 EXT. it is really annoying. but it's on the passenger side, so i don't use that window as much. but it does suck when you have a nice car and the passenger goes to put down the window and it makes an annoying squeak. not exactly impressive.

outofdablue is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I have an 03 EXT. I took it in the other day and they couldn't get to it b/c they were short on personnel, so they only did the oil change. I will post as soon as they look at it........

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.