Navigation while driving - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Navigation while driving in Cadillac Escalade Forums; If you cut the WRONG ONE, I believe the right side of your audio system will be off...
    oldworld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalde, 2007 DTS

Re: Navigation while driving

If you cut the WRONG ONE, I believe the right side of your audio system will be off

ridetoyoudie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade Base

yeh thx obx I ****ed up the first wire hahaa i was almost sure i cut the wire but i cut it far enough back in case I ever wanted to splice them back together. Anyway when I went to cut it far back I mixed up the 2 green/white wires and ended up cutting the wrong wrong. No big deal I just spliced them back together, soddered them together and put a heat shrink tube on it so it shouldnt move. What does the other green/white wire control anyway (the one that is not suppose to be cut), I know it says "remote playback device right audio signal.." but what exactly does that mean? Thx again obx love the little mod now

obxdiver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV Platinum

So does this mean that yours is now working with the wire on C2 Pin E cut?
    You can enter addresses while driving AND the NAV is updating as it should?

If so..... Good Job

PS: As "oldworld" said, the other green wire is the right channel audio

ridetoyoudie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade Base

exactly hahahaa thxx obx gonna try out the navi tonightt

big.eds is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

anyone in orange county, CA wanna do his for me?

Madmex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT

I just removed my radio on my 2005 Cadillac Escalade and my wire connector was not like the one on the diagram listed above. I don't have a plug small plug like the one indicated. I do have two plugs a large one and a smaller one and the pin that would be "e" is orange.

Madmex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT

I just removed my radio on my 2005 Cadillac Escalade and noticed I do not have the same plug type that is illistrated on page 1. I have two plugs a large one and a smaller one still bigger than the one listed earlier. The wire in the "e" spot on my plug is also orange so did not know if I should cut the wire. on the smaller plug I do have TWO green and white wires. Hhmmmm.

d-dash is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 Escalade EXT

it is the smaller plug, pin e iirc. If you look closely, the larger plug has a numbered set of pins i.e. a1,2,3... and b1,2,3... The smaller plug has the lettered pins.

rayagrella is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV

I pulled my Nav unit from my 05 Escalade ESV and it has the large connector and the smaller one, but the smaller connector is actually a 24 pin instead of a 12 pin as shown. There are 4 rows of pins instead of 2. The lowest right 2 pins when looking at the connector have orange wires coming in. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

I cut a green/white wire on the back of my Nav. Everything still works fine as far as all speakers with music and the nav still works but I am not able to enter addresses while the car is moving. Has anyone had experience with a 24 pin connector instead of a 12 pin as shown in this thread on an 05 Escalade ESV with touch screen Nav?

jperdigon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

A Piece has been made but not release for 2006 and earlier navigation systems, navigation override and audio and video inputs, before you use to have to use the unlock piece plus a second piece that would give you audio inputs, now the piece is all in one, contact me for more info at goyex@hotmail.com it is sold i think for around $350.

ross_g is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 ext

This is an easy as pie mod all you need is a 7mm socket and a nut driver.
    The wireing diagrams are good but if you are like me pics are better. So i took some pics to help you all out.
    after u take off the dash bezel simply take out 3 7mm screws.

pull out the radio and remove the 3 plugs

then remove (or cut) the wire A simple terminal tool is available threw harbor freight it might be different then mine.

tape off the wire and reverse the procedure to reassemble.

Thanks Ross_G. I opened her back up, reconnected the first green/white wire I cut and then cut the second one. The nav immediately allowed me to enter while I was driving. At first the nav did what others have said and it did not update for about every 10 seconds. After driving about 3 hours, it finally started updating real time like normal. Now it is perfect!

Thanks for everyone's help. It was invaluable.

jcgmu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade

Thanks to all for this thread!

It took me about 10 minutes start to finish after work yesterday, to pop the radio out, and snip the green VSS wire.

It took about 5 miles or so on the way to work this AM to get the GPS work normal again (to quit updating every 15 seconds or so) and then it began to work like normal, except now I can add destinations in motion!

I just wanted to reply back with a success story for anyone else searching for this thread...

fouad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS 2005

Is that also possible with Cadillac sts 2005?
    Thanks alot

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.