22's or 24's ??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 22's or 24's ?? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Debating between 22 or 24 inch rims for my suv. What do you guys think? I want something that would ...
    pcguy760 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 02 Diamond White Pearl Escalade - Sold 10/11

Thumbs up 22's or 24's ??

Debating between 22 or 24 inch rims for my suv. What do you guys think? I want something that would not ride rough or cause fast wheel bearing wear, etc. but I do want it to look nice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jordan00escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade, 2002 Deville DTS

Re: 22's or 24's ??

sounds like 22's to me

93si is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Escalade EXT

I've been rollin on 22's for the last year or so and am going to some 24's or 26's this summer. 22's are nice but don't look big enough to me on the 'lade

shore is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

22's are the right size for it.The 24's and 26's are just too much plus the difference in cost oft ires from a 22 to 24 is substantial not to mention 26" tires.

Ok I hate to say this but I am in a dilemma again. I talked to some guys with 24's and although I did not ride with them, they claim the there is BARELY any difference in how the road feels. I find this hard to believe because I KNOW I could feel almost every rock on the road with my 23's on my Expedition.

Now I found that sometimes, there is not really much price difference in 22's and 24's but then I wonder about putting extra stress on the suspension components with 24's, so ummm I am confused now lol. Darn it - 22's or 24's????!!!!!!!!!!!

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

Im torn between u2-55 24" rims and the oem 22" rims! I know the 22" wouldnt be a problem but im more worried about potholes with the 24's. I dont wanna crack them! Im sure your suspension will be just fine with the 24's...

99cadiman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

On a lade you in 24's or bigger on my 99 lade I have it sittin on 24's anything smaller would looks like 20's on lade's and if your gonna put rims on your truck and your worried about bending your rims have a spare rim in case of anything I have seen trucks with donuts and have 22" rims or 24" rims I don't think you wanna drive in a CADILLAC with your head down

J-Ridez is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '03 EXT and '04 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by luxurylife33 View Post
    Im torn between u2-55 24" rims and the oem 22" rims! I know the 22" wouldnt be a problem but im more worried about potholes with the 24's. I dont wanna crack them! Im sure your suspension will be just fine with the 24's...
    I'd go with 24"s.

anthonyG is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 escalade ext

24's All the way. Been riding on 24's for about 6 years and they are better on potholes then 26's of course and they are a big difference in look than 22's. like 93si said 22's not big enough for the lade. Good luck on your decision.

Cool Re: 22's or 24's ??

LOL, okay how about some 23's haha. That's what I had on my Expedition, so now you guy's know why I am so confused haha. Here is a pic btw of the old Expy on 23's with 305 35 23 Pirelli Z's ...

Cadillacon22s is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 93 Seville, 93 Fleetwood and a 96 Eldorado

You got to go with at least 24s. 22s would look too small.

What about some 23's - I kinda figured since I still have the 23's rims and tires for sale from my Expedition (5 Bolt btw ) - maybe I could find some 23 inch rims and use the 23 inch tires on them since my tires have like 80% life left and they are Pirelli's too. Also I know that I will not get the price I paid for em anyways, might as well figure out a way to use em lol.

So far, I have found these 23's - I dunno how they would look on the Escalade, but what do you guys think of these...

Wink Re: 22's or 24's ??

Just a quick update, I ended up going with 24's lol. For the first time I saw a 'lade with 24's in person and I gotta say that there is basically a day and night difference compared to 22's.

Got the tires already 315 35 24 whoa - just deciding on the rims now. I only drive on chromes in the Summer because we have bad winters here. Guess I will have to watch out for potholes, etc. Gotta compromise one way or the other and recently I noticed there is barely much difference in rim and tire prices comparing 22's / 23's / 24's. Now 26's there IS a difference in price.

"Bad wheel bearings and regular suspension maintenance here I come!!" Gotta love the looks though, especially being a custom car show guy hehe.

Eskilade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalades

I'm stuck too, debating between 22" or 24" definitely like the look of 24". I'm worried because of my 99 escalade put 22" on around 40k miles, and i had to replace my stock brakes frequently(16 at the time, so my driving?) also had my steering pump replaced cuz of the 22". If i go with 24" should i put some brembos, on and will the suspension handle it?

Ghost Deany is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS

get the OEM escalade 22's from the 07 and up body style, i have the regular 17s and im happy with them, i love the comfortable ride, but if i was going to get rims, i'd get the stock 22's, clean and classy looking

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.