22's or 24's ?? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 22's or 24's ?? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; 24's FTW Old Foose Heat 22's: New Foose Speedster 24's: You tell me what looks better. FYI: The 22's are ...
    sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Re: 22's or 24's ??

24's FTW

Old Foose Heat 22's:

New Foose Speedster 24's:

You tell me what looks better.

FYI: The 22's are for sale

__Iz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Can't send PMs yet

Love the new 24's. How much are you asking for the 22's?

Thanks!

Iz

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by __Iz View Post
    Can't send PMs yet

Love the new 24's. How much are you asking for the 22's?

Thanks!

Iz
    $1200 with tires

Silent_Assasin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT - Rip Tide Blue

Quote Originally Posted by pcguy760 View Post
    Ok I hate to say this but I am in a dilemma again. I talked to some guys with 24's and although I did not ride with them, they claim the there is BARELY any difference in how the road feels. I find this hard to believe because I KNOW I could feel almost every rock on the road with my 23's on my Expedition.

Now I found that sometimes, there is not really much price difference in 22's and 24's but then I wonder about putting extra stress on the suspension components with 24's, so ummm I am confused now lol. Darn it - 22's or 24's????!!!!!!!!!!!

Bro you are comparing a Expedition to and Escalade, there simply is no comparison! 24's are the only way to go! 26's to ruff of a ride, 24's Perfect, and fit those huge wheel wells a little better!

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Assasin

Bro you are comparing a Expedition to and Escalade, there simply is no comparison! 24's are the only way to go! 26's to ruff of a ride, 24's Perfect, and fit those huge wheel wells a little better!
    I agree you can't compare a expedition to a escalade

sprink60 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV

I stayed with 22's after speaking with GM engineers. Their words to me involved calculations involving bump steer, static loaded radius, and lateral stability. When Cadillac/GM explains it to me in those terms...I listen. I use my vehicle daily and expect performance, safety as well as aesthetics. I pull a boat, carry loads and travel long distances at HIGHWAY speeds. I'll stick with the 22's.

If you run a lot of back-road pot hole stuff you're probably better off with 17" or 18" to handle the impact.

[IMG][/IMG]

Everyone has their own opinion ...but I think the 22's fill in the wheel wells nicely.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by sprink60
    I stayed with 22's after speaking with GM engineers. Their words to me involved calculations involving bump steer, static loaded radius, and lateral stability. When Cadillac/GM explains it to me in those terms...I listen. I use my vehicle daily and expect performance, safety as well as aesthetics. I pull a boat, carry loads and travel long distances at HIGHWAY speeds. I'll stick with the 22's.

If you run a lot of back-road pot hole stuff you're probably better off with 17" or 18" to handle the impact.

[/IMG]

Everyone has their own opinion ...but I think the 22's fill in the wheel wells nicely.
    I agree I live on a back road with a lot of pot holes and I prefer the stock 17's because of this

djais1801 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 EXT Sable Black

i had 22's on my white 03...

and plan on getting them for my 04...currently on 17's

djais1801 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 EXT Sable Black

just ordered these in 22's.

capriRS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT

Cool you will like them! You will wish you went 24's after a few months lol! I had 22's on my ext when i bought it. I was wanting 24's or 26's everybody talked me into 4's. I purchased my 24's over a year ago. I love them they look good! But after 6months i wish i would of went 6's cause the 4's look small now. I personally did not notice any ride quality difference going from 2's to 4's! I can hook on to my car hauler trailer an boat an tow anywhere still! I even lowered it to take up fender gaps! 2/3 drop kit with 305/35/24 tires! Sorry for a late reply!

Later,
    Dalton

djais1801 and djais1801 like this.

Silent_Assasin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT - Rip Tide Blue

This is an easy one! 24's all the way! 22's are too small for a big Escalade! ...I have rode on 24's for a few years now, and theres no way I would go smaller! There is literally zero difference in the ride with the 24's!

FORUM 2.png
    djais1801 and djais1801 like this.

grayparatrooper is offline Cadillac Owners Member

24's

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.