Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Disconnectin the nav unit (2003)

884 views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  luxurylife33 
#1 ·
I want to disconnect my nav unit today and swap my buttons, already pulled and shipped my speedo so the dash is apart and now's the time.

My only questions is can I pull and unplug my unit without the theftlock arming?

I bought my lade used and don't have a theftlock code for it and dont want to learn an expensive lesson. :histeric:

Thanks in advance!
-Keith

#5 ·
How'd you do it?

Did you remove the front face , then the 4 small bolts?

What size are they by the way (if thats what you removed)

I have the unit off with the face removed which was ultra easy.

Now my minor issues is I dont have anything small enough to remove those 4.

Am I even attempting this correctly?

:bouncy:

#9 ·
It was like that when I bought it, The only thing that made the interior look like crap too, I swear it was the first thing that any and everyone who entered my lade said, hey whats up with those buttons, they look like shit.

Not any more! I am very happy with the outcome!

There's a seller who sells the buttons seperate ya know:
http://replacementradios.com/product_info.php?cPath=290_320&products_id=901

or

I bought my complete set from "tauk" on ebay, he may be able to sell you seperate buttons as well, I know he was $85 or $90 for the whole set compared to replacement radios who wanted $150 for the whole set.

But $10 for one button isnt to bad if thats all you need.

#11 ·
The volume knob just pulls off, so does the toggle one with the 4 arrows for the navi unit.

The rest require pulling the face off the radio, then removing the 4 small bolts to allow access to the buttons, Takes about a half hour to 45 minutes total including pulling the dash, the radio out, then working with the radio it-self. Probably quicker for you as your already familar with doing that from the Nav-tool job.

#12 ·
can someone give me a simple step by step to replace the whole front of the radio? I bought an entire front face for 80 bucks. It looks great but no idea how to 1) take off that part of the dash and 2) unplug nav/radio??? (do I have to do that? 3) remove existing face and 4) put it on and 5) put in new buttons...

sounds like maybe I have to remove face, remove bolts, put on new buttons and then put on new face???

I am so confused. I could use a real step by step.

this is an 04 Escalade....

#13 ·
Hey, all. I don't think I posted correctly first time. I need a real step by step to do this. I have a new face and all new buttons and need to know how to start---remove dash, do I have to disconnect nav/radio? how do I get to buttons. Details, please! I have no idea where to start.

ERIN

#14 ·
its pretty easy and straight foward .... drop the steering wheel down all the way, turn the hazards on, put the car in first gear, pull the dash panel off the dash (only held in by push clips), turn the hazards off, put the car back in park, remove the 4 bolts for the radio, unplug it, remove the screws holding the face, replace buttons, then do everything backwards. on a scale of 1 to 10 ... this is about a 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.