How To: NavTv - Nav Tool - Video interface for the stock Delphi Navigation Screen - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, How To: NavTv - Nav Tool - Video interface for the stock Delphi Navigation Screen in Cadillac Escalade Forums; ...
    bravochimp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Re: How To: NavTv - Nav Tool - Video interface for the stock Delphi Navigation Screen

Excellent...I always like to get my facts doubly verified before I start splicing & such.

I remember looking behind the head unit while installing the ipod interface controller (looks to be the exact same size as the NavTv) thinking that it was definitely tight, but doable.

Ordered my NavTv from ebay last night for 200 shipped. The wife didn’t want any holes drilled in the vehicle, so I couldn't go as cheap as I wanted to w/ a flush mount...had to go w/ a Boyo license plate frame (VTL251 for ~ $115 shipped). I had to go w/ the ultra slim so as not to cover up too much of the Texas plate. Unfortunately no IR LED's on it, but the lux is 0.3, which should be more than sufficient for nighttime driveway / parking lot backing...

Going to add a blurb here that I either missed altogether or didn't understand after reading this forum the first time...it was the one thing that would have cleared up my biggest question, so maybe it'll help the next person doing this install:

The blue wire that the folks in this forum are grounding rather than hooking up to the parking brake switch only affects Video input 1 (DVD, TV, etc...). If hooked up rather than grounding, the only way to view video will be if the car is parked w/ the brake set. This does not affect Video 2, which is the dedicated backup camera input.

Hopefully all this stuff shows up by Friday so I can get cracking on the install!!

Thanks again, quantum!

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

Re: How To: NavTv - Nav Tool - Video interface for the stock Delphi Navigation Screen

Sorry I missed your post. Its been about a year since I did the install. You seem like you figured everything out. My first couple posts are going to be more informative, I tend to forget how I did things in the past. If you need anything let me know.... my email is dantheautobodyman@gmail.com

I haven't been frequenting the forum as much as I used to.... still love my truck, just busy with work. You got a better shot at shooting me an email. I will however be questioning you on the iphone integration kit in the coming weeks. I have XM radio on it and would like to play it through the speakers. Would be a good first write up for you on the forum if you took pics of the install. I may do a write up on it if you cant.

JBuckleyUD is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Problem here... The harness on the back of my factory Panasonic DVD is slightly different that your pictures. I still tried the blue wire but it did not work. I have a 05 ESV Plantium with dual screens. Any suggestions on which wire is the video+?

ohsixext is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 EXT

what input is the stock nav tuned to to get the picture?

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by ohsixext View Post
    what input is the stock nav tuned to to get the picture?
    thats the whole reason you get a nav tool. It opens up another input so you can put anything you want. It hooks up through the RGB ribbon and runs off a switch (turn switch on, screen turns black and plays your new input)

ohsixext is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 EXT

Ok i see what your saying. Now say I had a navtv tool and a back up camera installed, I am driving down the road listening to a cd and I kick the truck into reverse to park. Would I need to flip the switch to the navtool? And then the power from the reverse lights gives me a picture? you can see where I am going with this. I want to add the navtool simply for a reverse camera, as my parking assist doesnt seem to be working so good.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

if that is all you need it for and it was me i'd just hook both the switch and camera to turn on when you put the truck in reverse.

Trulytex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1975 Eldo Convertible, 1987 Allante, 2004 Black Escalade

LongRX7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade Diamond White

A few months later since last post and years old thread....

I just installed the ^^^, but had the license plate mount instead. A few notes. I dremeled the opening where the black cable comes out the Nav unit a little bigger, because I felt it was a little too snug and pinching the cable (I dremeled the lid, not the nav unit).

My factory ribbon on the touch screen nav unit had double sided sticky tape on the A side (top side) also, so I just used a razor blade/exacto knife to trim the DSST off as close to the ribbon as possible.

Tapping into the B3 wire on the Nav harness, it's NOT the brown wire, it IS the GREEN wire. B2 has no wire in it and the next one is the the GREEN wire in B3. The brown wire is actually B4 going by the opening count.

Would like to do iPod interface or connect the RSE player to Video 1 later....another day, another time

Good luck and gotta love the rear backup cameras on big Caddy

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.