How To: NavTv - Nav Tool - Video interface for the stock Delphi Navigation Screen - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, How To: NavTv - Nav Tool - Video interface for the stock Delphi Navigation Screen in Cadillac Escalade Forums; The only issue I foresee is that there won't be enough room back behind the head unit. I have had ...
    T-Giv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV

Re: How To: NavTv - Nav Tool - Video interface for the stock Delphi Navigation Screen

The only issue I foresee is that there won't be enough room back behind the head unit. I have had trouble getting just my ipod box and such back there so with all this other business I don't know if I can get it all in there.

dssrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade Ext.

Re: How To: NavTv - Nav Tool - Video interface for the stock Delphi Navigation Screen

Quote Originally Posted by sfv41901 View Post
    I just did a search on ebay & this is a pic of what they have. This looks nothing like the on you bought.

Seller: metroholdingslimited

I just purchased this one, will post my results.

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by dssrocks View Post
    I just purchased this one, will post my results.
    Lets us know if all those wires come with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sfv41901 View Post
    Lets us know if all those wires come with it.
    Nope, looks exactly like the one in these pics at the begining of this thread other than the box is black, it is a PAC VCI-GM2.

Although I am confused of an optional part that is shown called an SPDT relay. Not sure what this is for and why it would be optional. Anyone?

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

told you none of those wires were necessary....

luxurylife33,

I have completed my install and everything works great, however I see some slight diagonal lines on the screen which would appear like interference of some sort. I know I am being a bit fussy as the quality is still great, but if this not normal than maybe I can try a new power source and ground to try and fix it.

Also to check out whats behind me without putting the truck in reverse, I added an extra toggle button (normally open switch) to switch the backup camera on anytime.

I would start off with the power source as you said. Try a thicker gauge wire for the + and - lines. If that doesnt work, your ribbon cable is probably not connected 100%. I had the same problem and had to wiggle the ribbon cable further into the slot. Hope everything works out for ya! I'm spending my day fixing my "service ride control" message today. I think i need a new compressor

I am thinking the best power and ground would be from the factory deck. Do you know what wires in the factory harness are power and ground? Power is easy enough to find, but finding the ground wire may be difficult.

Good luck on your compressor replacement.

I just took a positive off the fuse block and a negative off the metal dash....

BTW the compressor is good, its just not turning on .... relay is good too so im thinking its a sensor or something, bringing it to my brothers shop this week to get it scanned.

Quote Originally Posted by Esco04 View Post
    New member here, just hooked up the Navtool to my 2004 Escalade EXT & installed a rear view camera too. You want to hook the power wire (silver striped) of the Navtool to wire B3 of the big main radio connector to get Retained Accessory Power.
    On my truck, looking into the connector, it's a brown wire on the top row 3rd from the right.
    I ran a separate wire for the camera + , used the Brown wire at the ignition harness for Accessory power. I attached a new Ground wire to the dash bracket bolt and used it for the Navtool ground and the camera ground wires. Works like a charm!
    Be sure you use B3 & only hook the Navtool + wire to it, like it says in the instructions. I mistakenly hooked it up to the B4 wire, which is next to the B3 & is also Brown, & when I opened the door it immediately drained my battery!
    Hope this helps.
    I tested the brown wire (3rd from the right on the big plug on the back of the head unit) like said above, and it would appear to be accessory power. Now I think I have accidently shorted this wire out or something as I now have no dash lights and there is no longer power to that brown wire. I have checked every fuse under the hood and by the drivers door and all are fine. Does anyone know ehere the fuse is or how I can fix this problem?

Thanks

carshop is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

NavTool is 350.00 on that site.
    Cant find it on Ebay?
    Any help?
    Thanks

Do a search for "nav tv escalade" and you will see one from metroholdingslimited.
    I purchased one from this seller a couple of weeks ago, works great. Made an offer and won the item for $180.00 shipping included.

the guy i bought mine from is no longer selling them... try what dssrocks said^

carshop is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

thanks guys

nathanjax is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 esKONali

I'm looking in to doing this and I have a question that "it appears" hasn't been asked...

Isn't this Nav-to-go piece basically the same as the PAC VCI-GM2 piece? Looking at the box, wiring, etc. it looks to be the same.

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=34

Thanks,

Nathan

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.