How To: NavTv - Nav Tool - Video interface for the stock Delphi Navigation Screen - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, How To: NavTv - Nav Tool - Video interface for the stock Delphi Navigation Screen in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Basically you just need to give 12v power to the power wire of the camera and 12v power to the ...
    d-dash is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 Escalade EXT

Re: How To: NavTv - Nav Tool - Video interface for the stock Delphi Navigation Screen

Basically you just need to give 12v power to the power wire of the camera and 12v power to the reverse wire of the nav tv. If you currently have it hooked up to your reverse wire you could simply add a relay and switch. Then when you flipped the switch it would power the camera and send the signal to the nav tv. I guess it kind of depends on how you hooked up the camera and navtv reverse switch. I hooked both mine to the reverse wire at the bcm. So in my case i would hook up a spdt relay connecting 86 to 12v+, 85 through a switch to ground, 30 to the camera 12v+ wire and the blue reverse switch wire of the nav tv, 87 to 12v+ and 87a to the reverse wire at the bcm. Then when you flipped the switch it would turn the screen to the camera. Let me know if you need me to go into depth on anything else.

Rcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Re: How To: NavTv - Nav Tool - Video interface for the stock Delphi Navigation Screen

HELP!!!! As I posted earlier, I've successfully (almost) installed the NAV TV. It really is a cool little tweak.
    I'm having a heck of a time finding the CORRECT 12v power however. OBX sent me schematics and that helped. LUX told me to use a probe and that went well also, I found a ton of yellow wires that are ACCY and were easy to do a midline tap. PROBLEM: my source shuts off the moment the car does. The radio stays on till I open my door and I prefer that. But with no power you get the rolling horizontal "scroll" on the screen. I cant live like that and it bugs my wife too.
    Please tell me where the best 12v accy source that continues to feed power until the door is open. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

You have the source hooked up to the ignition. It needs to be hooked up to the accessory power. Just get a test light and poke the ignition switch wires. One of them is acc i promise.

OK. I can do that. I thought I was on track with my last wire find. No power until the "first click" on the key. But it shuts off immediately when i turn off the car.
    So you're saying to follow the wires right down the sterring column and I'll hit one with a delay? I dont think all accy's have "delayed off" do they?

I have my positive wire hooked into a wire on the main radio harness. I can't remember what wire it was, but the paperwork i received with the nav tool said to connect the power to this wire and it worked. I can try and find that paperwork tonight and post what wire it is.

I would really appreciate that...maybe I can find my own PPWK too.

Esco04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT

New member here, just hooked up the Navtool to my 2004 Escalade EXT & installed a rear view camera too. You want to hook the power wire (silver striped) of the Navtool to wire B3 of the big main radio connector to get Retained Accessory Power.
    On my truck, looking into the connector, it's a brown wire on the top row 3rd from the right.
    I ran a separate wire for the camera + , used the Brown wire at the ignition harness for Accessory power. I attached a new Ground wire to the dash bracket bolt and used it for the Navtool ground and the camera ground wires. Works like a charm!
    Be sure you use B3 & only hook the Navtool + wire to it, like it says in the instructions. I mistakenly hooked it up to the B4 wire, which is next to the B3 & is also Brown, & when I opened the door it immediately drained my battery!
    Hope this helps.

THANK YOU very much. For the last few days I've been trying to find my instructions with no luck. I knew someone would clue me in!
    Really appreciate it. Thinking about running the camera too. I'll need to review posts for wire routing, etc. Where did you put your cam. Was the wiring easy? How do you remove interior parts...like the B pillar for example...just pull on it?

I ran the camera wire thusly:
    -Down through right side of radio cavity
    -Pulled off middle console piece & ran under heater duct to firewall
    -Pulled off right kick panel, pulled up carpet & ran under carpet to doorway
    -Pulled up plastic door sills, ran across front doorway, stuffed wire under pillar cover, ran across rear doorway
    -Stuffed under seam between lower back plastic & lower side corner plastic, ran to midgate
    -Lowered midgate, ran along & behind rubber inside seal up to top of bed
    -Pulled out drain at top right front corner of bed, ran behind it to get from cab to inside bed
    -Ran along back side of drain tray to rear top of bed
    -Threaded over & through outer top right corner of tailgate rubber seal to get back outside, then down & under outer lip of tailgate seal
    -Then over to plate opening
    I picked the right side sill cause it looked easier to do, the left side sill has a thick knot of wire in it.
    Pretty easy to do, & no cutting/drilling!

I took a little bit different approach to running my camera wires. I mounted the camera just to the passenger side of my hitch receiver. I ran the wire up and over to the drivers side frame. I used a snake to pull the wire through the frame and out one of the wholes right under the drivers side rear door. If you remove the plastic molding from around the rear seat brackets and pull the carpet up you will see a rubber wire grommet. I poked a whole in the side of this grommet smaller than the cable that i was going to pull through it, then forced the camera wires in and then ran up to the front under the door sill. Then through the kick panel and under the dash and up into the radio cavity. It was quite easy and took me about 30 min to have a working camera hooked up. Then i spent the next half hour to hour trying ot align the camera just how i wanted it.

ross_g is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 ext

just a little information on powering your backup camera. In the 7 way connector at the trailer hitch there is a reverse prong you can easily splice into that to get your reverse camera to power up and you can also ground the camera back there as well. great write up It is now on my to do list.

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

i poowerd mine off the reverse lights.... the small camera doesnt draw too much power..... good luck!

skills2005 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by Esco04 View Post
    I ran the camera wire thusly:
    -Down through right side of radio cavity
    -Pulled off middle console piece & ran under heater duct to firewall
    -Pulled off right kick panel, pulled up carpet & ran under carpet to doorway
    -Pulled up plastic door sills, ran across front doorway, stuffed wire under pillar cover, ran across rear doorway
    -Stuffed under seam between lower back plastic & lower side corner plastic, ran to midgate
    -Lowered midgate, ran along & behind rubber inside seal up to top of bed
    -Pulled out drain at top right front corner of bed, ran behind it to get from cab to inside bed
    -Ran along back side of drain tray to rear top of bed
    -Threaded over & through outer top right corner of tailgate rubber seal to get back outside, then down & under outer lip of tailgate seal
    -Then over to plate opening
    I picked the right side sill cause it looked easier to do, the left side sill has a thick knot of wire in it.
    Pretty easy to do, & no cutting/drilling!

I just got in a wireless camera, didn't have to run wire for video just connected to rear back up light so it only comes on when I'm backing up.

I thought about using a wireless camera, but I read somewhere that the wireless signal can get screwed up in bad weather & interferes with Bluetooth signals from your cell phone. So I got a wired setup. Let us know if your camera works OK with your Bluetooth, if you use it. If so, yours looks like the easiest solution!

skills2005 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT

No no bluetooth, I connect my phone to my radio via wireless FM transmitter. I'm a no wire kind of guy just put the radio on the station it says and you can listen to the music you load to you phone talk thru the radio. Cool huh. My camera works fine, never had a problem even the night vision.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.